ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre size options

Clio 172 Cup + VX220
Hi all,

I just bought a Clio 172 cup which needs new track rod ends. The play in the balljoints has caused the front tyres to wear quite badly on the outer edges so i need to replace them. It's running Kumho Ecsta 195/45/R16's at the moment. But the tyre looks really stretched and has clearly contributed to the wheels being so curbed!

Would i be able to run 205/45/R16's ok?

TIA

Andy

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Yes, the 182s have 205 45 16 as standard.
It will change the rolling radius slightly though from a 195 45 16.
If the Cup's standard size was 195 45 16 (which I think it may have been), it will have a very slight effect on your speedo.

As above, 182's run it as standard, and I have 172 Turini's and also run 205's, they sit perfect :)

Dont see how tyre width would have an affect on speedo though, it's only the profile or rim size that would do that surely?

is1

Integra Type R DC2
The profile is based on the width i.e. a 45 profile will be 45% of 195 or 205 as the case may be.
So the 205 width tyre will have a slightly taller sidewall.