ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyre shine Products.

Trophy #473
Ive been using Meguires tyre gel for a while now, but I cant seem to get the shine back into the rubber, it just turns out dull, matt and not very black. not a nice deep black as it used to, i always scrub the tyres when washing, but since my tyres have had a few 1000 miles put on them, they dont come up as well as they used too. any ideas? different products?

i also find the tyre gel works brilliantly on plastics and window rubbers.

Mito Sportiva 135
Blackfire gel for me, albeit I have never used Poorboys. A lot of pros use the Blackfire though, and can be layered to enhance the look. Sometimes I use a layer of Chemical Guys New Look Vinyl dressing after just to add to the gloss look.

106 GTi
Blackfire Long Lasting Gel or Poorboys Bold and Bright for me depending on my mood!

106 GTi
FYI - AG Vinyl And Rubber is the same product as the the Tyre Dressing but with some lemon smell.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've been using Megs Endurance which gives a good shine, but I've been finding it doesn't actually last that long at all! Turtle Wax gel actually gives really good results when left to dry, gives a really good shine after 15 minutes on the tyres, doesn't look that good when being applied.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've been using Megs Endurance which gives a good shine, but I've been finding it doesn't actually last that long at all! Turtle Wax gel actually gives really good results when left to dry, gives a really good shine after 15 minutes on the tyres, doesn't look that good when being applied.

I've used the Turtle Platinum Series gel and it does work surprisingly well, really dark colour, not too glossy and fairly durable. Not the best though!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
How sparingly do you apply Megs Endurance gel? I always find it splattered up the side of the car after the first drive. This happens even when I leave the stuff to dry for 12 hours + :S

Trophy #473
im usuing megs edurance gel, but no matter how much i put on, the tyres dont want to go black anymore. Its only reall the fronts, as the backs seem ok. yes it does splash up if you put to much on.

AG tyre dressing is the only one ive tride , looks great , only last for a couple of days tho, or if it rains about a hour! Lol

leon

106 GTi
How sparingly do you apply Megs Endurance gel? I always find it splattered up the side of the car after the first drive. This happens even when I leave the stuff to dry for 12 hours + :S

Found the sme aeven applied very thin and buffed after. Also was a dust trap so I stopped using it.

found the simonex stuff is quite good, i spray an applicator and then put it on and leave to dry, lasts well enough, clean the car every week so . . . lol

jamie

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
AG- Tyre shine! Tried lots of other ones! Whilst AG is messy it's the best for me!

Plodwyn

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Recently tried Einzett tyre spray just spray on foams up and cleans as well. very easy but not much durability and not much depth of colour