ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre screeching

Anybody ever got this on a 172/182 at lowish speeds? The offside tyre seems to start screeching quite easily. Also say I am going around a bend to the right slow sweeping bend doing around 45-50 can hear it chirping away. Steering is a bit twitchy though I am wondering whether anybody has ever had this?

I am thinking the tracking will need done though wondering if it could possible be something else common that I am unaware of?

Yeah that would have been my first thing to check but have just blown them all up yesterday to the correct pressure. Thinking tracking maybe though it does seem quite excessive. Different can I know but I can remember the tracking on my 1.2 being miles out when I fitted a new track rod end and the steering was off but no screeching like this. Seems strange.

They may not be the best of tyres which will be addressed shortly but it's worse than just that lol I can understand it if I was booting it but this was at easy speeds just cruising you can hear it constantly chirping away doesn't really lose grip though seems a bit like the wheel is scrubbing.

Rusty Cup
Anybody ever got this on a 172/182 at lowish speeds? The offside tyre seems to start screeching quite easily. Also say I am going around a bend to the right slow sweeping bend doing around 45-50 can hear it chirping away. Steering is a bit twitchy though I am wondering whether anybody has ever had this?

I am thinking the tracking will need done though wondering if it could possible be something else common that I am unaware of?

I was running a fair bit of camber and low speed screeching and twitchy steering at speed were both present.

I would check were the suspension is attached to the hub as you may find one or both of the bolts are loose.

I was running a fair bit of camber and low speed screeching and twitchy steering at speed were both present.

I would check were the suspension is attached to the hub as you may find one or both of the bolts are loose.

I was thinking along the same lines. The car has been in pieces recently so was hoping it would be something like that both are tight though checked all bolts. The car is lowered the camber isn't too bad though. The only two things I can think off is that one of the subframe support bolts snapped and havn't got round to replacing it yet though wouldn't have thought these would be essential to the subframe? The other thing could possibly be I remember hearing creaking removing the top nut for the shock I wonder if the spring is not quite seated right maybe a few mm off if this could cause it?

Was having another look round today and found that the back right shock appears to be bent or seized. It travels in about 1-2inches then locks solid. The other one travels much further. Anybody ever heard of them seizing or likely to be bent?

RS200 Cup
Mine did that, could hear the knocking quite easily so replaced the shock. As for the screeching, depends on tyre compound, some screech some don't. Try swapping them around and see if the sound moves.

[EDIT] My shock was leaking all over the shop, have a check. ;)

Thanks I was thinking about doing that. Car is not really running right now so waiting for a new shock then going to try it. I've read lots about these leaking this one seems clean though just seems a bit strange that it travels about an inch then just locks was that what yours did?