ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre recommendations

I need to replace the tyres on my Trophy and fancy something a bit more track focused.

Apart from Toyo 888R's are there any other recommendations and I need them in 16's.

Help

:)

Why not get a second set of wheels and some R888s for them and then a suitable road tyre for everyday use?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Hankooks RS2'S are on my shopping list.

Inferno on here has them on his 182 & rates them highly.

My contis sp 3's melted at Silverstone. Running one of my spare sets at present with Yoko paradas very impressive so far, but too soft for track.

PH Quick
Had Toyo T1R's on my 205 Gti, half a day at brands and they were destroyed. The pattern had worn away to points so you had next to no grip by lunch time so the rest of the day was pretty rubbish.

I've got P Zero Nero's at the moment, a bit pricey, about £140 for two but i think they're very good tyres.

Just my 2 pence.

RenaultSport 172
Oh dear! I was planning on using T1-rs on the track as they are only £33 a pop on 15's!
Are they really that bad?
Don't really want to pay £81 each for R888's. Any cheaper alternatives?

182 Cup
Hankooks RS2'S are on my shopping list.

Inferno on here has them on his 182 & rates them highly.

My contis sp 3's melted at Silverstone. Running one of my spare sets at present with Yoko paradas very impressive so far, but too soft for track.

Very happy at the moment with their road performance! Hopefully will be on track again in early May to give a complete view.

Monaco Ph2 172
Yokohama paradas.

I have them on my 172 now - to replace the A539s that they stopped making - and love them. Unfortunately, I have never tried another tyre brand to compare them with, but have no complaints so far. :)