ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre profile

Clio 172
I'm due some new tyres on the front. I thought standard 172 wheels needed 205/45/16 tyres however I've checked my current tyres and they're 195/45/16. My question is are 205s much better? should I be using 205s or will 195s do? and if I do get 205s will it matter that the fronts are 205 and the backs are 195s (as I only need fronts) or should I switch the backs to the front as I read on here that the new tyres should go on the back.

Cheers

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
195's are standard on the 172 . Like you have read , new tyres always on the back . 205's will be fine on the back and in theory will offer slightly more grip .

As for 205's being better than 195's it all depends on the brand of tyre . Michelin PE2's are standard on the 182 and are still the most popular choice when replacing tyres .

Clio 172
I haven't really got the budget for PE2s, and I don't really drive THAT hard to merit PE2s. I'm looking for a good performer with a decent life span, I've done a search here but there is soooooooo many opions around on whats best my heads wrecked!! lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Personally i'd keep clear of Toyos , they were absolutely sh!te in the wet and as we live in a country that typically has a wet climate i'd avoid them like the plague .

Obviously it's down to what you can afford and you should go for the best your budget will allow .

If your sticking with 195's then Goodyear Eagle GSD3's can be had for about 62 quid . These come pretty highly rated by people on here .

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products....le_Carrier_Tyres_R16_-_195/45/16,_195/45_R_16

Continental Sport contact 3's for 73 quid .

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....t=P&F_F=&dsco=110&sowigan=So&Achse=&LoadRange=