ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

two quick cruise questions.

182 Trophy. 413/500
Firstly, does any one elses cruise not match what the speedo says? for example, if I want the speedo to sit at 70mph I have to set the cruise to about 68mph??

Also, the minus button on the steering wheel controls, it never drops the speed. it just cuts out the cruise control all together, like when you tap the brake.

Are these two things just normal? or have I got weird cruise?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Got to be honest I never use cruise and don't like it.

First one sounds normal.
Second one, do you tap the button or press the button?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I can't use cruise with the aftermarket wheel. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer mate

Clio 182 - RB
I set mine about 68 to do 70 on the speedo. Although, mine works perfectly fine, bar that problem which doesn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
You will find the speed the cruise is set to is correct, but the dials over read. Have a satnav on and compare the speeds and you will see what I mean.

Minus shouldn't cancel the cruise.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The dial over reads ever so slightly compared to what you set your cruise control speed at . Also what you set your cruise control speed to will be slightly over what your actual speed is compared to gps . i.e. set it at 70mph and you'll be doing about 68mph .
Haven't got a clue about the faulty switch though tapping or pressing minus should decrease the speed , not cancel it althogher . Does the R and 0 work ?

182 Trophy. 413/500
I didnt think the minus should cancel it. Bit annoying but I can live with it. All the other buttons work as they should. O turns it off totally. R turns it back on to the SET speed after its been turned off from braking etc. Its just the minus button. i think maybe once it decreased the speed by two mph and then cancelled the cruise. I'll get round to continuity checking the button one day. Im guessing its a wheel off job to check and remove the button?!