ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV signal in other rooms problem

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Hi i have recently bought a new TV and DVD combie for our bedroom in but i carn't use the TV for TV as the signal in my area is so bad i can only use satalite signals. I have sky downstairs but i don't want to pay £10 a month for sky multiroom as it wont be used very often.

What options do i have? I have a spare sky box but no card. What about this sky freview (but it only seems availiable for people who dont have sky)

Im not bothered about loads of channels - just freview would be more than enough

Thanks for your hep in advance

Gaz

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Do you want to be able to watch different channels on it at the same time as watching your main TV?

If not then you can run some coax cable from the RF output on your skybox to the bedroom TV and with the use of a magic eye / TV Link have all your sky channels on the bedroom TV.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Yeah thanks. I thought about that but i forgot to say about it. Its not really an option - i wont bore you with the details but thanks for the reply though

Ford Focus ST2
Guy at work had some (not sure if they where the same as the ones in the link) but he was very happy with them and said it was a good picture!?

Not a Clio
Really you can't beat decent quality coax. My tv upstairs has as good a picture as the one downstairs. Why is it not an option?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
If you get yourself a sky 'greencard' or 'greenhouse' card - i forget its name, ebay it n you'll find it, you can use your second sky box for (most of the channels) freeview.

However you'll also need to take some cable from your sky satelite (and probably need to buy a new multi LNB with two/four receivers) all the way to your second sky box.

Cost wise, your looking at about £40-£100 tops if you DIY it.

James