ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tv Fault (Buzzing)

1.4 Dynamique
Anyone know anything abouts TVs?

Basically my TV had a fault where sometimes it would not power on fully, the LED would change to blue saying it was on but nothing would display on the screen.

It was out of warranty but I contacted Richer Sounds and they agreed if it was a manufacturing fault they would repair it. It was and they repaired it.

I received the unit back and a few days after the problem started again. They said they would repair it again. Today I received the unit back and when I turned it on at home, without a signal running through it, there is quite a loud buzzing noise.

They told me they had changed the inverter board, not sure what this is. I am assuming its something to do with converting power inside the unit.

Once a signal is running through it, e.g. my xbox then the buzzing goes away.

I am not sure if this an actual fault or just because its a new inverter board that it makes this noise. It never made the noise before hand just once this new board has been installed its just annoying.

Any help would be appreciated before I contact them again..

Rav4
Call them and get it sorted. Your TV should be rather quiet if it's an LED. Plasmas I have at hole have a buzzing noise due to the fans and it's annoying but standard.

Cupra
My Sony LCD does exactly the same! I'd be curious to know the answer too.

Does the buzz come from the speakers?

1.4 Dynamique
Call them and get it sorted. Your TV should be rather quiet if it's an LED. Plasmas I have at hole have a buzzing noise due to the fans and it's annoying but standard.

Yeah, I will give them a ring tomorrow, they have been very good so far so we will see how this goes.

1.4 Dynamique
My Sony LCD does exactly the same! I'd be curious to know the answer too.

Does the buzz come from the speakers?

No, it comes from something inside, I am guessing its something to do with the inverter board thats what they changed and it never made the noise before. I will let you know what it is when I speak to them.

If it only buzzes when nothing is connected, is it really an issue? Guessing normal TV watching is OK?

1.4 Dynamique
Richer Sounds rang me today, said it shouldn't buzz at all. He said as it is out of warranty if I would purchase the 5 year warranty for like £30, I would receive the remaining 3 years warranty and be able to choose a new TV.

Top service from RS.

Rav4
Richer Sounds rang me today, said it shouldn't buzz at all. He said as it is out of warranty if I would purchase the 5 year warranty for like £30, I would receive the remaining 3 years warranty and be able to choose a new TV.

Top service from RS.

That is amazing service, £30, bargain!

Stupid iPhones normally cost £10 a month to insure, you have a bargain!!