ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo Trophy@RStuning

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
As a few people know last year I descended into the world of forced induction with my clio, the long term plan was simple, I wanted 300bhp. Ktec were just in the process of releasing their low pressure turbo kit and after speaking to them I decided to have the low pressure turbp (LPT) conversion initially installed, followed by the high pressure turbo (HPT) conversion when funds would allow.

Anyway I had the 220bhp LPT conversion carried out and although initially pleased with the performance I was a bit disappointed to discover it only made 206 bhp. So a quick plan was devised, and I decided to pull the engine out and fit the full low compression/high boost turbo kit. In theory it was a simple concept as I already had the 300bhp turbo and intercooler and therefore once the low comp pistons etc... were installed I’d be able to simply turn the boost up and here we come 300bhp.

Unfortunately the reality was that the car made 267bhp and 262lb/ft now this really did annoy me as I’d heard countless stories of the mythical 300bhp turbo clios yet on closer inspection everyone who’d turbocharged their clio had struggled to exceed 280 bhp. So I decided to build my own kit, I removed the ktec conversion and sold it, then set about hand picking various component which I believed would get me to a comfortable 300bhp. I’m not going to bore you with what I’ve done but by using a logical approach and thinking a bit outside the box I managed to cobble together a half decent set up. Anyway early on in the thought process it was obvious that I was going to need a decent ECU after looking at everything available I decided that it would be the EC1 that RStuning and Tour-de-force designed.

Well after 5 months of varying enthusiasm levels I managed to get it finished and down to RStuning for a mapping session, the results from todays mapping are below. The first graph is power at the fly the second and third are power at the wheels.

TurboTrophy.jpg

turbotrophy1.jpg

turbotrophy2.jpg

The car is obviously unbelievable to drive it’s so smooth with a little bit of power available should you want to make a bit of progress, all in I’m pretty chuffed with how it’s all came together.

A massive thanks to Paul@RStuning for being a key player in bringing my car to this level and I’d also like to thank Matt@Tour-de-force for tirelessly answering question after question whilst I muddled my way through the ECU wiring LOL. I’d also like to extend a little thanks to Specky who works at RStuning just for being such an annoying sod all day, he cheered me up no end :)

All comments welcome whether positive or negative.

That must be hilarious to drive! How well does it get the power down? I assume it's completely driveable?

You don't have to answer but what sort of money have you spent to get where you are so far?

Brilliant! Just goes to show that driveway tuning is still getting better results than tuning companies!

Track 172cup
extremely impressive mate and hats off to you going on your own and doing your research to piece together your own kit

e91 330d/type r mini
nice result :)
i must of just missed you when i came back. see you turned the boost up a bit more aswell.
your going to have some fun in that.

alien green rs133
no mention of me in there you c**t.

you would never of got that engine apart if it wern't for me.

"fcuk off steve and have a coffee and pass me that hammer on your way out"

much love

and i await my "ride" in it :D

Black 172 PH2
After reading, i scrolled down expecting to see something along the lines of 295-300bhp thinking you had squeezed just a little more out of it.
Then i saw 341BHP!!

congratulations to you mate, that must be nothing short of epic to drive.

A

ashy_gtt

no mention of me in there you c**t.

you would never of got that engine apart if it wern't for me.

"fcuk off steve and have a coffee and pass me that hammer on your way out"

much love

and i await my "ride" in it :D

Know what you mean Hutchie, Ashy make us one of these, weld me this, lend us a tap for that... Not so much as a mention...

Just for that I'm now aiming for the magic 350hp just to steal the bacon buttie trophy at Motorscope! :rasp:

LY R26
what turbo are you using?

that must be absolute crazy to drive.

can you post up a little more of the spec

TrackCar & F30 330d
Well first off thats a pretty amazing figure. i cant even imagin how fast it is.

I suspect you get wheel spin in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd bit in 4th?

The thing which i would be worried about is the gear box, people with 259bhp supercharged clios just kept going through gearboxes. So with the amount of power yours running the box surly wont last very long at all?

Still a wicked car tho :)