ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tuning guide

done a search but didnt come up with much solid info..

is there a tuning guide kicking around any where, one that basicly tells you whats best to do for different budgets?

wanting to get a bit more out of my ph1 172 thats only got an aftermarket exhaust on but dont want to waste money on pointless mods.

whats proven and worth while?

thanks,matt

Rusty Cup
Rstuner from www.fastchip.nl is money well spent, gives you launch control amongst other benefits!!

Exhaust, yes plenty to suit different tastes out there search youtube isnt a bad idea.

From then on its most cost effective to focus on upgrading the braking system with things like braided lines decent pads, alot of people like brembo hc disks.

Get some 15" wheels then tyres will be nie and cheap.

so does the rstuner come with a new map on it that u can use whenever you want or do you buy the map seperate?

the jms inlet manifold is one option i have looked at also but i cant justify spending more than that on a 2500 car, especially when my brakes, clutch and suspension are all standard at the mo too.

matt

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There's not actually a definative one around, but as I'm currently doing some bits with the guides I may get in contact with some of the well known faces on here and set about making one up for us.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but cheers for the idea.

Rusty Cup
Not completely sure how it currently works as i bought mine a couple of years back and things have now changed but effectively yes you buy the box which you connect to both a laptop and your car then you can view/reset fault codes, do power runs and save the results plus remap the ecu. Henk has recently added a launch control map that cost me €15 i think, bargin as far as im concerned.