ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TunerList: Aux in for Ipod - have able but it doesn't work!

Clio 1.4 16v
Hi,

I thought I would start a new thread on this as it is quite different from my first thread:'Which OEM HU's have Aux in' in which I have received much help, but know I am stuck.

My dilemma is this:
I have a Tuner List HU and want to make an inexpensive hard-wired connection to my Ipod.

I have this cable:
http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/sh...chMethodJJproductNameZZgo.xJJ12ZZgo.yJJ4which is in fact a Blaupunkt OE part. It plugs in perfectly to the CD changer port and has a 3.5mm jack which plugs into the top of the iPod.
I have plugged into the CD changer port behind the HU, but the HU does not pick up the iPod as a source. I have tried both a 4gb and a new 30gb video model with no success.

I suspect that possibly the wires on this particular plug are going to to incorrect pins (compared with plugs on the HU) and hence not making contact with the HU?

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do to make this work?

Thanks,
Dino

PS: I have investigated the FM transmitter route but would prefer a hardwired connection like this which has only cost £6 so far (and I hope to keep it that way!)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
yeah but you have a different stereo, you have an update list and the aux inputs work fin on updatelist units, however the problem is tuner list units the do not hav an aux input only cd changer input, and the dont work in that. as ive stated before connects 2 do a kit for £30 which takes a cable off the cd changer port and decodes it into phono sockets, well more it takes 2 phono sockets and decodes them into a signal for the cd changer port.
I'm sure there would be some way to wire these aux cables up to work off the tuner list, but sofar there has been little joy.

Clio 1.4 16v
yeah but you have a different stereo, you have an update list and the aux inputs work fin on updatelist units, however the problem is tuner list units the do not hav an aux input only cd changer input, and the dont work in that. as ive stated before connects 2 do a kit for £30 which takes a cable off the cd changer port and decodes it into phono sockets, well more it takes 2 phono sockets and decodes them into a signal for the cd changer port.
I'm sure there would be some way to wire these aux cables up to work off the tuner list, but sofar there has been little joy.

Bugger...I think unfortunuatley this is my answer....

If there was a way to wire the cable so it would work I am sure Connects2 would have just done that instead of manufacturing a decoder box that becomes obsoloete the minute chaps like us figure out a simpler and cheaper way...

I can rewire the plug easily enough but I think the prblem lays in the 'coding' hence the need for the decoder box. .

So, has anyone used one ofthe Connects2 units and found them ok?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
it have one works brilliant thats how i know, got it off ebay, i posted a link in the other thread. all in is a touch over £30 but it works really well and is a piece of p!ss to install. took about 10 minues, most of that trying to sitck the decoder box inside the dask, the box is about 3X2X1 inches, and all the interna surfaces are rounded, i used ait of no more nails tape i suggest, putting the box, ober the glove box as ther is not much room behind the radio or below becuas of the heater controls, but plenty of space up to the left or right in a left hooker.