ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TS BassJump MacBook Sub-Woofer Review

SchwepTek™
Ok so here's a mini review of Twelve Souths BassJump travel subwoofer for MacBook and MacBook Pro.

IMG_0145.jpg

First things first, the packaging....already looked like it was going to be a quality product! Very Applesque and with decent protection, necessary as these are currently only available from the States! In the box you get the main unit, a travel case, usb cable and also a list of things to do with the box!

IMG_0144.jpg

The BassJump itself is smaller than what I expected but VERY well made of the same material as my Unibody MacBook. Rubber bottom and metal speaker grill and with only a single USB connection on the back.

The software is available as a download and is fairly basic. Gives you a few presets and allows you to adjust the volume and also frequency crossover. Also shows a volume meter in the tool bar.

IMG_0142.jpg

OK so a few tests with various music genres and i'm quite impressed. This is NOT a replacement for a standard 2.1 system. It boosts the mids more than the low bass notes but you can't expect deep bass from something so small. My main reason for having this is because i will be offshore a lot and is perfect for my cabin onboard cruise ships! It definitely gives a massive boost in audio over the standard MacBook speakers.

IMG_0141.jpg

In the end, including import tax, this cost me about £85 as I got charged £20 by customs. Definite thumbs up from me and worth the money!

[YOUTUBE]0kX16Dbqmoc[/YOUTUBE]

Standard MB speakers won't tell much difference from the vid....lol.

M135i
nice bit of kit and from the clip, it makes quite a bit of difference to the sound. Might have to pick one up if I go to vegas this year :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. I need it to replace my 24.

When I'm designing full-time, the extra acreage is useful.

That's just an excuse though TBH. I want it. ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have to contribute. But seeing as I'm renting out my own place and I'm back at my parents until I get up and running... I think I need to treat myself dude. LOL.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Redundancy, then a sh*t job. I had enough.

I'm now a full-time student. LOL. Learning Graphic Design, Web Design and Photography in Manchester. I need to rent my place out to pay the mortgage. :(

I'll be back in there as soon as funds allow. But it's a shock moving back home after five years. But it'll be worth it in the long run. Plus, I get to buy shiny Apple goodness.

SchwepTek™
Aaaah nice one dude! So you starting a 3 year degree? Good position to be in tbh, having a place paying off its own mortgage! I'm just a bit wary about doing it as i dont want it trashed! (Like my house mates did to the house we lived with in for the past year)

But being out of the country for 7 months of the year theres not much point living it i dont think. Ah i dunno yet. Car first! ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, luckily I know the couple moving in... so hopefully they'll be no probs. lol.

Now answer my question! :p Price, b*tch!

SchwepTek™
Nah no vibrations. Completely solid.

Where do u live in Cheshire btw?

My new room mate is from there and wants us all to come up for a night out.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Lymm dude. Not too far from Manchester. You should come up and we'll go into Manchester. Would be mint.

DB.

BMW 440i
Ill be having a look mate, i have some speakers atm, Bose ones, lack bass tbf.

Would this work with those, or just the standard speakers built into my Macbook?

Think ill pop into Apple in a few weeks!