ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy with bad misfire

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
So my curse with cars continues

driving to get my son yesterday in traffic stationary and engine management light starts flashing and car then starts misfiring badly, turned around and drove home.
called out RAC and they read fault codes as misfire on cylinder 2.

towed to garage today and they replaced the injector but no difference. Getting plugs and leads looked at tomorrow but question is if that doesn't rectify it does anybody have any other ideas on what it could be?

Arctic 182FF
I had an EML flashing with the fault saying injector four for a while - changed leads, coil pack, plugs with no luck, still flashed now and then.

Stuck a new pre-cat lambda in and car has behaved since. Something to consider.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
I had an EML flashing with the fault saying injector four for a while - changed leads, coil pack, plugs with no luck, still flashed now and then.

Stuck a new pre-cat lambda in and car has behaved since. Something to consider.

Was the car sounding like a tank and misfiring also or just the light flashing now and again?

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Thank god it's been sorted. Some idiot has jet washed the engine bay it looks like and water has got into the were the spark plugs are.

Rusted them and I'm lucky they all came out in one piece. All changed with new leads and coil pack just to be safe and it's running 100% fine. Thanks for all the suggestions and help

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Thank god it's been sorted. Some idiot has jet washed the engine bay it looks like and water has got into the were the spark plugs are.

Rusted them and I'm lucky they all came out in one piece. All changed with new leads and coil pack just to be safe and it's running 100% fine. Thanks for all the suggestions and help

That's what causes about half the misfires I get in