ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy on Cooksport Springs

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Will post more details and photos in my project thread including it on my 2118's but here are two from today after fitting my new Springs on little red.

9338187330_15362a263d_b.jpg

DSC03644 by KeithRoberts185, on Flickr

9338181632_6a458dba15_b.jpg

DSC03632 by KeithRoberts185, on Flickr

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
What are your initial impressions of them & the Sachs up front?

As per sj's comments, it does look low at the rear but not so much at the front. Needs more 'tractor' ;)

I'm pinning my hopes on Cooksport springs & a set of 15s looking the business. Here's hoping - please post those pics up asap (I know Jamie (Jésus) is keen to see them too) :)

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
What springs did you have before Keith?

Standard Trophy springs (Trophy Eibach front and cup rears) Johnny.

It doesn't have the 'nose down' stance like on other springs.

I know :/ have taken measurements before and once they've settled that stance will be back ;)

What are your initial impressions of them & the Sachs up front?

As per sj's comments, it does look low at the rear but not so much at the front. Needs more 'tractor' ;)

I'm pinning my hopes on Cooksport springs & a set of 15s looking the business. Here's hoping - please post those pics up asap (I know Jamie (Jésus) is keen to see them too) :)

Seem to ride quite nice but didnt really have chance to test them properly tbh. Yeah have been in contact with Jaimie, imo it rides just nice with 15's but may still be too high for those who want racecar looks lol, to me getting springs changed was to get the standards off while they're still in good condition to store away

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i've had my cooksports on for 3 months or so now and they have 'settled' and tbh there isnt much nose down, the fronts are pretty much level pegging with the rears, looks pretty similar to the above pics

does work well on 15's however, but need either spacers of lower offset than 43 to pull it off well imo, below is on superlegs (ET37) and cooksports, no spacers

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Hope so. At the moment, id be very concerned that they're changing the feel/setup of the car. Just FYI, compared to ...

Thanks Dave. In terms of spring rate they seem very similar to the standard setup so far on feel. And for the ride height the normal nose down stance will be back as I will either be getting custom made ones made up or more likely i'll be making rear spring platforms to raise the back up. Won't be loosing any of the Trophy-ness ;)

Looks really nice that Keith just the right drop.

​Thanks Craig

Looks lovely. I really get on with mine handling wise and will be adding 15's shortly :)

Looking forward to pics

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just wondering how are you finding the handling with these a couple of months on compared to the stock setup?

Potentially buying some 2118's soon myself and don't want to make the handling worse.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Just wondering how are you finding the handling with these a couple of months on compared to the stock setup?

Potentially buying some 2118's soon myself and don't want to make the handling worse.

Front is very similar to the standard trophy setup. Rear is bit firmer but seems to ride bumps very nicely.

Since fitting them I've now changed the rear to Eibach Sportline, due to the ride height and these are pretty much same as the cooksports, maybe marginally softer.

Very impressed by the springs, ride height on rear isn't to my taste on 16's anyway. But in terms of build quality and function they're brilliant.