ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy on Coilovers. Slammed Yo.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Or perhaps not.
This is a Trophy afterall ... Handling > Lowz :race:

On Sportlines
IMG_1163.jpg

On H&R's
IMG_1796.jpg

Very pleased so far, ride is lovely, far better than the Sachs in fact, which would imply that they are probably a little softer. Havent really pushed it particularly hard as the camber/toe is all over the place & the car was full of tat last night - but its still very planted, with LOOS available on demand if required. Fitting was an absolute pig, but that will be detailed elsewhere in my project thread.

Also, the rear end would appear to be settling a bit already so will have to either drop the front a little more/raise the rear end up once its finally sorted itself out - aiming for the rear to be about 10mm higher than the front ideally.

Some more pics. Its driven not detailed - just in case you were wondering.

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

Also fitted the RC5+ front pads, had forgotten how silly they were :eek: epic braking is restored.

RX7 FD
Omg non standard Sachs brigade is here to shove a pipe up your rear.

Lows look good. Sportlines look the best, but that probably is because you spit shined the trophy with less mud in that photo :D

Titanium 182
Just seen you post over on Clio trophy, I am surprised they aint assassinated you over on there.

How dare he remove the Sachs and replace them with a cheaper brand hahahahah

I used to have that kit on my old 182 cup and I swear to this day nothing else rides as nice on the road. Much nicer ride then Sachs and MF springs, a little softer but still mega capable unit. On par with the Sachs for cornering abilities I would say.

Titanium 182
Or perhaps not.
This is a Trophy afterall ... Handling > Lowz :race:

On Sportlines
IMG_1163.jpg

On H&R's
IMG_1796.jpg

Very pleased so far, ride is lovely, far better than the Sachs in fact, which would imply that they are probably a little softer. Havent really pushed it particularly hard as the camber/toe is all over the place & the car was full of tat last night - but its still very planted, with LOOS available on demand if required. Fitting was an absolute pig, but that will be detailed elsewhere in my project thread.

Also, the rear end would appear to be settling a bit already so will have to either drop the front a little more/raise the rear end up once its finally sorted itself out - aiming for the rear to be about 10mm higher than the front ideally.

Some more pics. Its driven not detailed - just in case you were wondering.

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

Also fitted the RC5+ front pads, had forgotten how silly they were :eek: epic braking is restored.

Lets compare

Sachs - With MF springs and revalved Koni rears

View attachment 78745
View attachment 78746
View attachment 78747
View attachment 78748

H&R's do look a little lower I think

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Omg non standard Sachs brigade is here to shove a pipe up your rear.

Lows look good. Sportlines look the best, but that probably is because you spit shined the trophy with less mud in that photo :D

Ha ha, it does need a clean i must admit, gonna do it after Llandow i think ... was last done in November :clown:

H&R's will end up being the same height as the Sportlines hopefully, which is a little higher than the MF springs from memory.

Just seen you post over on Clio trophy, I am surprised they aint assassinated you over on there.

Its early, they're still busy polishing their leaky Sachs with the sperm of young unicorn at the moment.

Give it 3 hours and the post will be locked, all images removed to avoid temptation, & ill be banned :p

Lotus Elise
Dave you are a bad man!

TBF I'm running half the setup you are :eek: damper adjustment > ride height adjustment. How are those rebuild coming btw?

M135i and the shed
Ironically, given the paint gets a wash (and hence physical contact) every 7 months it's probably relatively swirl free! ;)

Paint-care genius and never even knew it. :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dave you are a bad man!

TBF I'm running half the setup you are :eek: damper adjustment > ride height adjustment. How are those rebuild coming btw?

For some reason i think you actually have the rear spring platforms etc from Guppys old car that i broke, then sold to another Trophy owner? But yes, IR bad man. At least i didnt fit Spax ;)

Whats that on your rear quarter, looks like white paint?

He's had it for so long the pink has faded to white iirc.

Its concrete dust actually. Went i town a few months ago and the only space was next to some road works. They then proceeded to angle grind the road next to the car, & i ended up with much all the way up the side of the car. Should have cleaned it off by now really, but its just additional paint protection, much cheaper than using Zymol Uber Protection Brown Willy Sealant at £300 a tub.

As Poobah says, the paint is actually quite immaculate & swirl free underneath all the crud!!

Looks great.

LOL @ 'driven not detailed' See also: Shed.

DSC04098.jpg

RB One Eight Two
Its concrete dust actually. Went i town a few months ago and the only space was next to some road works. They then proceeded to angle grind the road next to the car, & i ended up with much all the way up the side of the car. Should have cleaned it off by now really, but its just additional paint protection, much cheaper than using Zymol Uber Protection Brown Willy Sealant at £300 a tub.

I lol'd at the additional paint protection bit.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

How dare he remove the Sachs and replace them with a cheaper brand hahahahah

Its early, they're still busy polishing their leaky Sachs with the sperm of young unicorn at the moment.

Give it 3 hours and the post will be locked, all images removed to avoid temptation, & ill be banned :p

Wow two ClioTrophy owners/members running down the site with remarks about reactions that you know are not going to happen. I think most of the ire over there (AND on here) has been directed at owners who have been cheapskates and with little thought to what they are fitting have put cheap rubbish on and then sold off the Sachs. Dave most over there know that you do have some idea.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Wow two ClioTrophy owners/members running down the site with remarks about reactions that you know are not going to happen. I think most of the ire over there (AND on here) has been directed at owners who have been cheapskates and with little thought to what they are fitting have put cheap rubbish on and then sold off the Sachs. Dave most over there know that you do have some idea.

I know that, its only banter!! Although someone did actually get crucified for putting H&R's on there Trophy a couple of years ago ;)

That forum is my 2nd home tbh, much better than here for seriousness. Afterall:

You buy a 1.2, you take sh1t.
You join Cliosport, you take more sh1t.
Your post count gets a little higher, you take less sh1t.
Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere of Trophy ownership and you've forgotten what sh1t even looks like.
Welcome to the layer cake.

xx

RS2'd Trophy
Looks great Dave, I bet it rides extremely well now!

Are you off to cliosport saturday this year?

James

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Yeah, does seem to ride beautifully, much less bouncy than the Sachs, although they had definately seen better days lol ...

No CS Saturday for me though im afraid, they inconsiderately booked it the weekend i go to Thailand again :(

I know that, its only banter!! Although someone did actually get crucified for putting H&R's on there Trophy a couple of years ago ;)

That forum is my 2nd home tbh, much better than here for seriousness. Afterall:

You buy a 1.2, you take sh1t.
You join Cliosport, you take more sh1t.
Your post count gets a little higher, you take less sh1t.
Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere of 10k+ posts you've forgotten what sh1t even looks like.
Welcome to the layer cake.

xx

EFA ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This car has that special hero ability. Not many cars have that. :eek:

The only reason the other owner got abuse is because he did it for 'sik lowz' and it would never even know what a track looked like. You actually drive yours.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You take rubbish pictures.

I know :eek:

Will take some better ones, with my proper camera once ive cleaned it after Llandow!!

It looks brilliant, I would keep it forever! Any other mods for the trophy?

Few interior odds & sods, fancy gearknob, gators, dash strips, etc then get my harnesses back in & fit the gold 2118's ...

This car has that special hero ability. Not many cars have that. :eek:

The only reason the other owner got abuse is because he did it for 'sik lowz' and it would never even know what a track looked like. You actually drive yours.

Ha ha, this one definately knows what a track looks like!! Because Heroshed.

Have some silly stickers for it as well, all will be revealed shortly.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Nicely done, Dave - looks to be a great setup and one almost as good as the uber-Sachs... ;)

Regarding the Sachs, I'm glad I had them 'unpinned' when they got rebuilt / refurbed. So much more useful and adaptable now given the fact that the damping can actually be adjusted!

I like the mantra... "Driven not detailed, driven not detailed, driven not detailed..."

Titanium 182
Nicely done, Dave - looks to be a great setup and one almost as good as the uber-Sachs... ;)

Regarding the Sachs, I'm glad I had them 'unpinned' when they got rebuilt / refurbed. So much more useful and adaptable now given the fact that the damping can actually be adjusted!

I like the mantra... "Driven not detailed, driven not detailed, driven not detailed..."

I agree especially with the Koni Revalved rears. 15 clicks on the front half a turn on the rears it’s nice ride, firm but not so it smashed your teeth out.

Arctic 182, GTD
Love this! What H&R kit you got mate? Because I could only find coilovers by them for the 182??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They do both kits, iirc the cup pack part no ends in a 2

Should have just bough a 182 cup :quiet:!

Arctic 182, GTD
Ah right ok I'll check this tomorrow at work and stop half ass gazing over it lol I got a 182 with the cup packs mate :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ah right ok I'll check this tomorrow at work and stop half ass gazing over it lol I got a 182 with the cup packs mate :)

They are the 60mm bolt spacing ones, ECP (where i think you work) retail them at £965, so im sure you can get them cheaper ...

ECP are the main distributor, so even though i bought mine from ktec, they came in a box with ECP on the side lol.

Arctic 182, GTD
They are the 60mm bolt spacing ones, ECP (where i think you work) retail them at £965, so im sure you can get them cheaper ...

ECP are the main distributor, so even though i bought mine from ktec, they came in a box with ECP on the side lol.

Ahh I see, clealy missed that one... yeah I work there mate, only fund out the other day that we dealt with k-tec tbh. So I take it their like the Spax PSX kit, one set height but with adjustable dampness?