ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy in need of CAT options

My Trophy failed its MOT emissions (sounds like the start of a song). Basically the cats been chopped off (not by me) and the down pipe from the manifold crudely welded on to a straight pipe into the centre section.
What options are there for a replacement cat that can slip over the pipes to go between the down pipe and centre box?
How much is a Renault or after market one? Does it include the down pipe as we could just bolt it one correctly? Any good used ones out there? I'm not going to use a high flow or sports thingy as i need to pass hassle free. A few extra bhp would lost on me and my L plate missus.
D

106GTI / NovaC20LET
+1 on friendly tester lol. My cup had a decat for 5 consecutive years. guess it helps when your close mates with the tester though lol.

Thanks. I don't think the tester will ignore it... If the car just had a De-cat pipe but passed the emissions would it still pass? I'm guessing that if it came with a cat it has to have a cat. If so then maybe my post cat lambda sensor is causing the problem? How much is a cat with a down pipe fitted and connected back to the manifolds? Is there a connection from the manifolds to a down pipe or is it all one piece from the engine to the cat??
Advice welcome as i have not seen a standard car myself.
D

Clio Trophy
Maybe if you made a post explaining that you need a friendly mot station, and where you live, someone might be able to point you in the right direction, you are going to have no end of problems trying to fit a cat, unless you know how to weld, you are going to have to take it, to an exhaust place and get them to botch a cat into the system, also did you not know the cat had been removed?