ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trolow plus 2118's

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
For the haters

My trophy on Gaz coilovers and brand new anthracite 2118's and hankook rs2 tyres

006-34.jpg

007-34.jpg

008-31.jpg

010-27.jpg

012-18.jpg

013-18.jpg

014-17.jpg

Just a little comparison, I love them both though

017-12.jpg

019-13.jpg

021-12.jpg

Anyway I like it, when I want some fun I will put the sachs back on it but thats it, atm its all about the show :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Have you really put Gaz coilovers on a Trophy?

No I lied, ofcourse I have you plum. If you read its just really for show, I've got the sachs to send off for a health check and when they return I will use the sachs when I want to rag it around a backroad, which really wont be happening this year

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I want to love it mate but I'm going to be honest and say I'm not sure! Maybe it's because it looks so different to what I'm used to seeing...maybe.

Fair play for doing something so different though, I can hear Trophy owners sharpening their pitchforks already ;)

J.W

RB 182 Cup
Looking good mate, I bet you where out of puff pushing it back into the garage though ha ha!

Got the tyres on mine but not gonna fit them until the alignment is done.... Hopefully next weekend if they can fit me in :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I want to love it mate but I'm going to be honest and say I'm not sure! Maybe it's because it looks so different to what I'm used to seeing...maybe.

Fair play for doing something so different though, I can hear Trophy owners sharpening their pitchforks already ;)
Its all good fun mate. I know what you mean, it's hard to love because it's different but I like it

172 cup
Gotta be honest Chris mate, I'm not sure. I've looked at it long and hard a few time and all I can come up with is... It does look very good with the lows and new wheels, but I think it might have looked better standard.

Tbf you have both so it's win win, and changing between setups depending on the use its getting you can't go wrong. What would it have rolled like on your trophy suspension with slightly bigger tires on them wheels?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Absolutely loving the hatred for it :) either way It's only for looks really. Yea the wheels are now common and it pisses me off as wen I had them on my ph1 they weren't as common.

I didn't actually want 2118's but the trophy wheels were sold and I couldn't get the speedline 2110 challenge wheels I originally wanted.

I've got the best of both worlds though because the sachs can go on whenever I want a play

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Were you joking about the stealth exhaust?
No mate went for those donky dick style ones that blue 182 had on it ;)

Nah in all seriousness my engine is fucked and I've got a k-tec supersports to go on but will be doing that once the new engine is in, then I can actually drive to a nice location and get some propper pictures of it. The haters will come around to the idea of a low trophy it will just take time ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
cheers mate, yeah got the k-tec to go on just need it running first and get my uprated exhaust mounts on there :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
2118's are win!

Coilovers are not. One way to ruin the best thing about the car though.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well done Chris all that's left is to put a 1.2 engine in there and a bodykit made of plastic and you've completely ruined it. Lol GAZ are the worst coilovers I've ever rode on EVER would you like to bounce along the rode sir or shake to death today? Lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
2118's are win!

Coilovers are not. One way to ruin the best thing about the car though.

2118's are ugly, heavy placebo wheels.

'Gotta get some for my track car"

Oh yeah, spend all that time stripping a pairing back a track car, only to add 4kg's to the unsprung weight. LMAO.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Well done Chris all that's left is to put a 1.2 engine in there and a bodykit made of plastic and you've completely ruined it. Lol GAZ are the worst coilovers I've ever rode on EVER would you like to bounce along the rode sir or shake to death today? Lol

Lol atleast I've got the choice mate when I want to rag it I'm going to put the sachs on it

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
2118's are ugly, heavy placebo wheels.

'Gotta get some for my track car"

Oh yeah, spend all that time stripping a pairing back a track car, only to add 4kg's to the unsprung weight. LMAO.
I didn't say they were good wheels, they are one of the best looking wheels for that "look" that people go for.

You have a toe eye nipple ring yet your car won't see track, what's the difference with putting 2118's on other than circa £500! :eek:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The funny thing is, my Trophy sees more circuit time than most of the 'track cars' on here, yet is relatively standard, & still has the rear seats in it lol ...

Track days. People missing the point since time began.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
LOL!

So before you decide to take an extended drive on a Sunday morning, you're going to fit a new suspension set up? LOL!!!

No however I have no intention of driving it hard this year but next year I will be using it to full effect so will have the sachs on.

Tbh I could drive it just as quick on the gaz suspension I just don't think it will feel as adjustable as the sachs

The point people aren't getting is I haven't put these coilovers on to better the handling just for show and the fact I'm just going to be pottering around in the car and hopefully enjoying the fact it runs

I don't see the point in having a car like that if you're not going to drive it hard. You don't put remoulds on instead of decent tyres do you?

I'm no Trophy purist, I couldn't care less if you put pink wheels on it. I just think it's silly to take the Clio with the best standard suspension on and ruin it.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've got hankook rs2 tyres on it. Like I say I didn't put these on to make it handle better regardless of the cost. They were cheap with relatively no miles on them so why not.

The reason I'm not going to rag it around is the fact i haven't had the propper use of it for 6 months due to failing engine's so I don't really want to risk driving it hard and crashing it, I can still drive it quick as it is I just don't think it will be as good as the sachs.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
yeah i know i wind ya up chris but i think your wasting money that doesnt need to be spent. id of gone for a mark fish set up on the sachs and got a decent exhaust, done. a car you could use all year round with no f**king around changing stuff over.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
yeah i know i wind ya up chris but i think your wasting money that doesnt need to be spent. id of gone for a mark fish set up on the sachs and got a decent exhaust, done. a car you could use all year round with no f**king around changing stuff over.

Lol I completely agree mate but I had eibach sportlines and granted it handled great especially with the whiteline on the back but I just want to enjoy the low looks, I'm going to switch them bk just no time soon

Toolow more like. Or Trololl ;)

Not a fan. Then again I can't stand decked cars anywhere other than a race track. What's next, one of those tow straps with a sticker reminding you where the towing point is?

Last edited: