ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trim resprays

clio 1.2 16v
i reli need my front and rear bumper trim spraying and the trim on the sides along with my handles. can any1 advise places which are cheap and do a great job in the manchester area please

cheers

rob

Follow the guide on here and do it yourself, it's easy and will be just as good if you take your time :)

CLIO 182 TROPHY
i reli need my front and rear bumper trim spraying and the trim on the sides along with my handles. can any1 advise places which are cheap and do a great job in the manchester area please

cheers

rob
DONT BELEIVE PEOPLE ABOUT DIY PAINT JOBS. IT WONT MATCH,WONT BE AS SHINY AND WONT BE AS SMOOTH. IM A PAINTER BELEIVE ME.

Cheap bodyshops are not good bodyshops. So you make the choice between cost/finish.
Plus the fact there can be so many shades of one colour, and it's not as if you can compare them next to your car on a website, so there's a good chance it will be off.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i actualy think i do a better job than somebody shops, some of the s**t ive seen coming out near me is shocking

A lot of bodyshops just spray a few coats of paint and laquer on it, no primer or sanding involved.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I've heard good things about Autolac, Rob. They're based in Bolton somewhere I think. They quoted me £300 for all plastic parts and to respray a wing and a door sill. Think Jamie (JME) had some work done by them if you want to speak to him, I've not had mine done yet.

Edit: Him above, lol.

Oh yeah I took all my parts there :)

60 quid for repairing and spraying my cup spoiler and tinting the brake light ftw

clio 1.2 16v
i bin quoted £300 and £250. wats the address or do u hav any details on the place in bolton?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Autolac
Rawlinson Street
Bolton
Lancashire BL6 7NP
01204 698137

I spoke to the guy over the phone, he was polite enough.

He usually says you have to bring it down to get an accurate quote, if you say you live far away he might not though :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yep he told me it would be mostly accurate, except for the door sill which he couldn't really quote til he'd seen it. I never got round to taking it as I ended up having to pay for a load of other stuff. Think I'm just going to get the repairs done without the colour coding, which I think he said would be about £130ish iirc.

J03

MX5 1.8
DONT BELEIVE PEOPLE ABOUT DIY PAINT JOBS. IT WONT MATCH,WONT BE AS SHINY AND WONT BE AS SMOOTH. IM A PAINTER BELEIVE ME.

painter or sprayer? if you paint it then yeah probz it wont be smooth... easy to spray smooth if you get the technique and prep right and not mess around

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well i just attempted to spray my mirrors and a bit of trim and the paint doesnt match atall, admited it was with halfords paint but its just not worth wasting your time and money on it. So i just took it to my local bodyshop he had done work for my mum and dads car before and was good. So he said for the bumpers and side strips and mirrors to be colour coded im looking at £100 so picking them up tommorow.

clio 1.2 16v
i work at halfords n i no hw s**t the paint is haha. the best way to get a gd clean finish with tht stuff is put the can i warm water b4 u use it. did u get it off the shelf or did u get it mixed by one of the monkeys that work ther?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well i dont think that the halfords near me has a paint mixing thing haha, and typical the only halfords in the UK to have this problem. All there tills were fuked and they couldnt take cards had to do it manualy, was so funny when i went back for a refund they had to give it to me in cash haha. And the women on the desk was useless couldnt type for s**t. But yer cant wait to see how good it looks when i get it back tommorow hopefully i will have pics up on my project thread. A first i thought i had the wrong colour paint haha

i was charged a lot of money to do my cup spoiler and couple of other bits.

i paid half the amount and did a doubly good job on my side bump strips doing it myself.

i have not actually found a body shop that i have been 100% happy with so far. there is always either a c**k up, or a massive bill with c**k ups.

jamie

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well the place im getting mine atm has rang up and said we have so much wax on the bumpers and stuff that they have to spray it again after they tried to spray it with the wax on. I was like wtf cause when i dropped the bumpers of he felt them and he said lot of wax on there and i would expected him to just clean it all off otherwise the paint wouldnt stick?