ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Transit Battery In mk2 ph2 clio?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
hi, i currently own a 1.2 16v Expresion+ (mk2 ph2). i have recently noticed im getting a bit of headlight dim when i turn my stereo up. alls im running is a 12inch sub and set of 6x9s (soon going to be dropping the 6x9s in place of some components)

ive been reading up and it seems alot of ice enthusiats are using diesel or transit batterys to cure their headlight dim. my question is...will a diesel battery fit in the clio without on mods?

ta, russ

Polo + Micra
fit better headlight lamps (not joking)

cured my headlight dim til i put 2 12"s in and then i needed a yellow top

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Bryan said:
fit an uprated alternator

im not up enuf on cars to change an alternator...or to know what will fit in id imagine there must be different fitments? also what rating will my current alternator be....and what am i likely 2need?

Dink said:
fit better headlight lamps (not joking)

cured my headlight dim til i put 2 12"s in and then i needed a yellow top

any suggestion on which bulbs? lol sounds a crazy idea...but i want some of the white bulbs anyway :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
they fit on the Mk1's, you use an 065 type instead of the small 063 type

not certain on the Mk2's though

Skoda Fabia vRS
is there room in the tray for a bigger battery to fit

the 065 is about an inch or two longer

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Diesel batteries are normally much larger but if it will fit, any battery can be used and should go some way to solving your problem.
Go to your local motor factors and whip your tape measure out.

Polo + Micra
russ9898 said:
im not up enuf on cars to change an alternator...or to know what will fit in id imagine there must be different fitments? also what rating will my current alternator be....and what am i likely 2need?

any suggestion on which bulbs? lol sounds a crazy idea...but i want some of the white bulbs anyway :)

i've got osram silver stars in mine

they are par with the philips equivilant but i believe osram are designed better(not that i know actually what:clown:)