ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traders insurance..

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
We just got our renewal through today, and they have fucked us over in a few ways, they have limited me to 1600cc which we have got lifted but at a cost of £500 :dapprove:

Also they wont allow me to put the 172 on the insurance under my name for SDP until im 21 pay or an extra £1000.. Now they said if i "sold" the car to my dad it would be perfectly legal for me to use for SDP..

Is this true?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When I worked for Renault, because I had so many convictions, I had a £2000 excess and I was restricted to 1600cc SO I can believe it. (everyone else had a £200 excess and could drive anything)

The bit about you selling it to your dad is a legal loophole. And Do-able.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
When I worked for Renault, because I had so many convictions, I had a £2000 excess and I was restricted to 1600cc SO I can believe it. (everyone else had a £200 excess and could drive anything)

The bit about you selling it to your dad is a legal loophole. And Do-able.

I have a claim and 3 points :(

My excess is £1500 iirc, i would have happily parked the 172 up for 6months and waited but the 1600cc restriction kind of takes away my usefulness! Managed to get that lifted thankfully so now i can drive any car SDP...

Long as the whole selling to dad thing is legal il jst do that, just means the car having another owner >.<

So when/if i get stopped and they ask who the owner is, im going to have to tell them its my old mans then i have to tell them i have permission. What a load of hassle :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Or you fill out the yellow slip on the V5 in your companies name and it saves having another owner.