ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction control ESP

FF 182
Hi guys, forgive me if this is posted in the wrong area? Also I have read many other similar threads however can't find an answer to my question..

Will turning off ESP on my 182 make any real difference in the dry when I fancy a little tear? In terms of handling, throttle response etc etc? Personal opinions/experiences would be great! Only had my first CS a month and I love it!! :) Also, when it doesn't flash on the dashboard does that mean its not kicking in at all? Or is it still constantly assisting with under/over steer and whatever else?

Thanks in advance!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Leave it on, it doesn't do much anyway but when you need it it will be there to help you out.

WRX
I keep it on mostly and try to drive as quickly as possible and not to trigger it. It only gets turned off for moments of insanity.

Clio 182
I've only had my ESP on in the wet and trying to provoke it (never taken it on a track so can't comment on that).

The time's that it has come on have been on an off camber sharp left turn, foot planted in second, in the wet (driving like a pleb on purpose basically).

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Just leave it switched on, takes an awful lot of being a dick to make it step in whilst on the roads.