ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Traction control and SERV lights on - no fault codes

My trusty lil 182 :)
Hi all

Recently had the traction control light and serv light come on after putting my car back to standard. Plugged in my RSTuner which came up with a brake pedal fault. Adjusted the switch as per the guide on here, cleared the fault code, refreshed the faults list and all good. However, on starting the car the lights still dont go out. Now have no faults codes but still have the lights on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Have read that it could be an abs ring or steering angle sensor issue but wouldn't these throw up a fault code?

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers,
Kev

b/g 182, meg tourer
mine did this too. i replaced the brake pedal switch and reset the codes and no more lights :)
i just had a faulty switch.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I had this mate, read loads and heard about the brake pedal sensor but also heard of the cv boot clip coming loose and covering the abs ring, had a check and thats what it actually was. Put the clip back on the boot and the lights went off
I would defo sugest thats the first thing you check!

My trusty lil 182 :)
Cheers all.

Cleaned up the abs rings in case it was but no difference. Weirdly the time I did have an abs problem the lights never came on! That's Clios for you!

I replaced the steering wheel about 6 months ago when I started putting my car back to standard. Refitted the seats and standard steering wheel, plugged everything back in and all fine. About a 6 months later the airbag light started flickering and then came on permanently so as a quick solution I disconnected them and popped a resistor in, restarted the car airbag ligh gone had the traction light on instead. If it was steerig wheel related could it have taken 6 months and wouldn't there be a fault code appearing?

As I said in the original post, did have a brake sensor fault but adjusted the pedal switch and the fault cleared. Don't know if a new switch would do anything but might have to try.

Cheers for the ideas all :)

Clio Trophy
had this problem too... i had to check my tyre pressures tho and also recently it was going on which was rectified by tightening up my ball joints ha

350z, Subaru Legacy
I had this mate, read loads and heard about the brake pedal sensor but also heard of the cv boot clip coming loose and covering the abs ring, had a check and thats what it actually was. Put the clip back on the boot and the lights went off
I would defo sugest thats the first thing you check!

I had this.