ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking

17RS2'd Cup
Hiya everyone
I had my cars tracking and geometry done on Thursday and have noticed that my steering wheel was not centred. I went back to the stealers today to make them aware of how annoyed I was and that this needs correcting. My issue is that the geezer there said that to have my steering wheel centred was a separate job and I would have to pay. Obviously I refused and told him he was wrong and that the steering wheel centring thing is part of the tracking process.
Am I right in saying this or have I made a **** of myself?
I'm in again on Wednesday getting it done for free so I guess I've proffed if I am wrong.

Hope this is in the right section

RS 182 CUP
i do it for a job mate. the steering wheel is part of the tracking. four wheel laser alignment right? ive done a couple of fellas cars on here theyd tell you how i do it

R26
Mines never centred after the tracking has been done, i just take it back until they sort it but its pain in the arse!

RS 182 CUP
its so easy to get right too, just make sure the steering wheel clamp is holding the wheel perfectly centre, and when they do it get them to explain to you how they do it and check it, just stand and watch them

17RS2'd Cup
Cheers guys. I knew I was right!!!! Thing is it's an aftermarket wheel with a yellow strip top and centre. Just pure laziness

RS 182 CUP
it can be tricky to get perfect when your not sat in the drivers seat, but all the same you are paying for a service. how much did you pay for alignment?

17RS2'd Cup
Don't laugh at me.... £100 for alignment, geo and wheel balancing. Don't know if that's a good price. I did use that to my advantage though. I said it was unacceptable for £100

RS 182 CUP
trackings £32, balancing £6.20 a wheel. geometry though? they check camber too? aqnyways i charge fellow cs members half price for tracking, so for you it wouldve been £16!

17RS2'd Cup
This place is local though. But yeah it was £100 for the works. Car feels tons better for it now, exept the wimpy steering wheel