ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking question

My car is currently drifting to the left, but I need some advice as the garage are trying to pawn me off, so want to get my facts right before I get roid rage with them.

On my silver wheels, the car drove straight.
I then took my black rims, along with a brand new set of T1Rs to be fitted to a branch of this company. They did that and whacked them on the car for me.
Ever since then, the steering has properly drifted to the left.

Seeing as I was getting the top mounts etc fitted, I rang them, explained that and that it'll need the geometry redoing shortly anyway, so if it was stil drifting after that, could I bring it in to be checked. They said that's fine.

Ok, so seeing as my car is too low to get onto this branches ramps, I took it to one of their others. They did the tracking, but couldn't do my camber as their system wouldn't tell them what to set it at.
im actually sat out there now, as Mick found out the standard camber so that I could take it back to them.

The he problem arises now, as when I rang to book it in at this other branch, I explained that it's been drifting since having these wheels/tyres fitted, so could they check it. "No as it'll either be the tracking or a part has failed".
Which raises the question of will the wheel balancing effect steering (I get a little vibration, but nothing major to add) and if not, how can a part fail in the 30mins of it not moving in their garage whilst they fitted the tyres originally?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.