ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday today and i could not keep the front left wheel bolts tight.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
Basically after about 10 laps of Donington today the front left wheel was loose. I tightened the bolts up went out again, came in after 4/5 laps and again the bolts on the front left were loose this happened everytime i went out. I was not torquing with a torque wrench but I was using a big bar are they were tight and just as tight as the rest of the wheels. The bolts did have some copper slip on.

Any advice appreciated.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Probably the wheel bearing, mine was doing the same and changing the bearing fixed it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The wheels are Ph1 172 and have been refurbed.

Burpspeed had this issue (iirc)

Get some wire wool and get the paint out of the bolt holes. Where the wheel touches the collar on the wheel bolts if you get me.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wheel bearing normally undoes the hub nut too (pass side)

studs are better IMHO, the pure ones are the best of the cheap ones.

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I think for the sake of £130 I'll get the studs and the piece of mind.

Thanks for the advice guys. Won't be on track again till march time so plenty of time to get sorted.

Last edited:
  WRX
It's all sky blue, just depends what time of year you look at the sky. Get that hairdresser's car to Oulton on the 24th you tart.