ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday only trolley jack

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
only after something that will do the job at track to swap wheels over, so nothing prolonged, hopefully. I appreciate this has been covered a bit before but you guys will have bought/tried different ones etc. I spotted the sgs ones which are two tonne at 28 quid ish. People will mention the one from Costco but that's knocking on the door of £100. I have axle stands hence the slightly cheaper ones in after. Thanks.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Any cheap jack will do you but the Costco unit gets such good reviews because of its lift capacity, aluminum construction to make it lightweight and most importantly, its low access capability.

The cheaper jacks tend to be quite high and struggle to get under some cars on Eibachs.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I couldn't get anything other than a proper low entry jack under mine without driving it on bricks.

The only downside of mine is the weight. It is the SGS engineering low entry jobby.

Renault Clio 172
Iv had 2 clarke 1.25 ally jacks bud, there ok but they both started leaking after not much use... good for trackdays as there nice and light with a pretty low saddle, i might have just been unlucky with mine

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Iv had 2 clarke 1.25 ally jacks bud, there ok but they both started leaking after not much use... good for trackdays as there nice and light with a pretty low saddle, i might have just been unlucky with mine

Mine has had a lot of abuse and still works fine no leaks etc.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I have the clarke one also, I picked it up on one of Machine Mart's VAT free events. Paid £85. It lifts my barge no problem.

Cayman S, RB 182
I bought the 2.5 tonne aluminium sgs one but I'd say it was too heavy for carting about. The 1.5 tonne one is 9 kg lighter though (26-17) so I'd say that would be a good shout, plus it's 90 mm at lowest point

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I will be trialing my sgs one Sunday all being well. Should be fine and for fourty squid I'm happy, hopefully.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick update. I ended up buying the low level 2 tonne jack off sgs @39 ish. Absolutely spot on :smile:

Used at Oulton park Friday .

Just a quick update. I ended up buying the low level 2 tonne jack off sgs @39 ish. Absolutely spot on [emoji2]

Used at Oulton park Friday .
Been using them for 10 years since they first came out , mine came from the states and are still going strong

Think i have brought 5 or 6 back from the states for people used to cost $40 in harbour freight but they are closer to $80 now

172 Turbo
I've had the Halfords one, two of them failed. I've currently got the Costco heavy one and the SGS lightweight which are both fantastic

I need a low level Jack in my life. Currently using scaffolding boards to raise my ride height for jack clearance

I'd usually plug the Costco Arcan Ali low entry jacks.

But mines packed up so I'm bitter.

Whilst it was working it was brilliant. Not as light as you'd expect, and was quite a size - but a few pumps and you were up. Ideal for track days.

CLIO 172,CLIO182

Attachments

• WP_20150725_022.jpg
    WP_20150725_022.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 90

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
i use a SIP 2.5 Tonne aluminium racing jack, lifts the car in 3/4 pumps, brilliant piece of kit

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
I use the costco aluminium one.
Compared to my 3 tonne SGS one its as light as a feather!
Costco one is sturdy enough for alot of use at home, yet isnt too big to throw in the boot to bring along to a track day / sprint & hillclimb
And with it being a decent jack, I dont have to worry about using axle stands for just a quick wheel change.
Just my 10p!
Wouldve probably gotten a lightweight low entry SGS one but at the time they were out of stock for a while

Clio 172 (CUP)
I have the Costco ALU one too, managed to rebuild most of the car with it, problem free. Also manages to get far enough under the cabin to jack up from the beams when I've had too, is quick, and has a rubber lift pad (kind to paint work). Post above is right, not as light as you would expect, but feels well made, easy to manoeuvre too. Good for track days and I just take half of the two part handle which is enough, which is also handy for use in cramped spaces.