ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Tyre Recommendations

172 cup, Impreza P1
Looking for some new rubber to wrap round my new 2118's and am looking for some recommendations.

I had both R888's and A048's on my 16's and was pleased with both of them but can get a set of Federal RS-R's in 195 50 R15 for £250.

The tyres will only be used on track so no issues with road legal or not.

I've not seen the toyo's or yoko's at that price so are these worth it or will I regret not just paying the extra?

Cheers

ITB'd 172 Cup
Ive just been using a048s and thought they were brilliant, but literally just got off the phone to demon tweeks and ordered a set of r888's. They had 20 delivered yesterday and ive just got the the last 4. Was tempted by the Federals but i know id be gutted if they were crap when i got on track with them.

Lionel Richie
i've come to the conclusion that toyo's aren't all that, there's much better available but unfortunatley the price is higher

have a look at silverstone

172 cup, Impreza P1
What I should of asked is will I be disappointed with the federals compared to r888's or A048's?

Fred - are the silverstones pure slicks? Need something that could also do something in the rain other than killing me. :dead:

172 cup, Impreza P1
£160 each but so that would be £640 plus delivery.

Don't doubt for a moment how good they are but 2.5x as much as the federals.

172 Race Car
Agree with Fred, R888 not all that. Became the 'in thing' coz they were cheap and everybody had to have them. Now they are similar price to other stuff out there.

we run the race car on Dunlop Direzza DZ03G. No complaints, around £100+vat a corner i think