ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Rod / Ends

Black FF 182
Sorry I'm posting this a second time because I initially posted in the wrong area.

I went to get a wheel alignment today but was told they couldn't do it as there was too much play in the wheels. I was advised to get thetrack rods and track rod ends replaced and was quoted £265 including wheel alignment. I wasn't sure about the quality of parts they would use so I prefer to source the parts myself online and get my local garage to fit them. After searching the net I have found there are a couple of different options and not sure what I need to get for my car so any help would be much appreciated.

I have a clio sport 182 with both cup packs I think its what they refer to as full fat.

I have read something about SMI and TRW but not sure which is right for my car.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to ordering the right parts or suggest quality brand parts with price estimates. How much should I expect to pay to get both the track rod and ends fitted if I provide my own parts?

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY FF182
You need the longer track rods, FTR5277 is the part number for a first line item. Other than that it's Renault only. Then track rod ends I'd get lemforder items from Eurocarparts. Probably £70-£80 on parts. Then labour should be about an hour plus tracking. That's about £80 where I work.

Black FF 182
Is axial rod and tie rod the same thing as track rod? I read on another thread here that first line are not that great.

LY FF182
Yeah same thing. The first line are only ones other than Renault I know off for cup packs. And people use them without issue. Renault are something like £40 a side

Clio 200T
Is axial rod and tie rod the same thing as track rod? I read on another thread here that first line are not that great.

Same thing. We all call them axial joints at work but others in the trade use a mid of all 3 terms.

We we use first line some times but on something like an RS I'd personally only go genuine route but each to their only really and obviously comes down to what the customer wants.

Clio 182 FF Orange
They are easy to do yourself

I did mine 2 weeks ago without a problem

i also have the 182 full fat and the racks are the SMI racks fitted too 182 clios

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry I'm posting this a second time because I initially posted in the wrong area.

I went to get a wheel alignment today but was told they couldn't do it as there was too much play in the wheels. I was advised to get thetrack rods and track rod ends replaced and was quoted £265 including wheel alignment. I wasn't sure about the quality of parts they would use so I prefer to source the parts myself online and get my local garage to fit them. After searching the net I have found there are a couple of different options and not sure what I need to get for my car so any help would be much appreciated.

I have a clio sport 182 with both cup packs I think its what they refer to as full fat.

I have read something about SMI and TRW but not sure which is right for my car.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to ordering the right parts or suggest quality brand parts with price estimates. How much should I expect to pay to get both the track rod and ends fitted if I provide my own parts?

No more spam links, or you will be banned. Thanks.