ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track phase 182

172 Ph1
Sorry to hear about you now being unemployed . Chin up I'm sure something will come your way shortly .
You say up until march was a quiet period - have you forecasted for that period ?

Sorry to hear about you now being unemployed . Chin up I'm sure something will come your way shortly .
You say up until march was a quiet period - have you forecasted for that period ?
Thanks bud, feel quite deflated not that annoyed just feeling that I've let people down (family, girfriend) but yeah I'll get over it.

I forecasted what my income would be with the few events in that time, which would of covered costs.

But now I have no income to cover costs and Christmas's has left my wallet lighter than light.

I'll sell a kidney haha

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Chin up bud something will come along. Work always pops up for the people who want to go and get work :up:

Car is coming along nicely. Hope you had a good Xmas despite everything.

Chin up bud something will come along. Work always pops up for the people who want to go and get work :up:

Car is coming along nicely. Hope you had a good Xmas despite everything.
Yeah really gonna push towards one of these apprenticeships!

Thanks bud, yeah was mint! and yeah not alot left to do on it at all.

My insurance is still running on the clio so might just stop paying the beemer Insurance for a bit and run the track car as a daily haha.

Sorry to hear that mate! I'm sure something will come up in the new year.

I hope you don't have to break the car, turning in to a great build!

Yeah the daily will go before i break it so we should be good! Thanks though!

Best of luck on job front!
Cars great.

Thanks Dan, its starting to look like car now, although the rest of the stuff that needs doing is out of my hands, so I'm even more excited.

So managed to find some time inbetween the rain and the wind.

Rear asts are on

0d3cfdd12096ba5de618a09bebdc8174.jpg

Brembos are on.

3d26ab45115c6406d8b8ca6506935532.jpg

Wheels test fitted.

5da3d7ad7417c99a8833d874ecfb6b15.jpg

898a66e11a8d67cd8d212244c351d8f0.jpg

dc07cdf2e86f5db42b2da34639f576e5.jpg

Made up some brackets to stop the bumper sagging in the middle due to running no slam panel.

839c0f845576c091bfb6216b50a4ecd7.jpg

They will be swapped for some snapable metal, and not steel.

Can you write something more about brakes? You put 15 wheels and brembos from megane?
Yep, so used:
-Chris Powells Brembo brackets £180
-197 callipers and braided brake lines second hand £80
-Standard 280mm discs

5mm needs taking off the mounting surface of the brembos, and that's about it. I'm using a 5mm spacer on these wheels, could get away with none but need a bit more machining.

£80 calipers? Wow. Someone got their pants pulled down!
Inc :
-braided 197 lines, alloy pin kit.

although the bleed nipples were stripped on the calliper so need machining, which I could get done.

82770d00a96c0fdf66d37c33d0f8ec95.jpg

New and improved, much better design than standard.

Here wee goo then ladsss...

The last final parts have arrived and nearly all things have been done.

Been speaking a lot to Nick@PMS recently, and he's been great eith what's been asked.

Firstly was the sleeve nuts to fit the PMS top mounts are different due to the thread sizes on different coilovers. I had m14, I needed m12 for my asts so had them made.

Also due to the reposition of the gear linkage a new linkage rod was made longer, unfortunately I had to remove the lambda sensor as this was hitting the linkage, so just zip tied it to the floor pan, and we can map that out later or do something special... haha

But there we go, asts fitted along with the brake lines...

4a53675a3bc259baff61e52281d20cf1.jpg

So I have an MOT booked for Saturday, and all that needs doing is to bleed the brakes...

Fingers crossed my brake lines hold up, quite nervous about them! Going to push the pedal through the firewall to check for leaks etc just to be 100% sure. [emoji85]

4287ede2d9d5ca2c4acbd240c2b6e900.jpg

[emoji48]
1f142f5b916ec6aab29120db6ec73f34.jpg

She's on wheels!!!!!! I think it's been out 5 years since she's been on wheels and moving haha

1/4 of a year in my ownership tbf.

Few niggles, need to get a smaller bottom collar for my asts, as you can see the ID is to big of the collar, as it needs to sit on the ridge between thread and strut (I think) the depth of it also needs to be shorter too.

730ee3e874d8e08698d4b17ebc1be66d.jpg

This is how it was previously. Not good meaning the threaded sleeve nut on the top doesn't tighten enough the clamp the bearing, due to the ridge.

0342428129f149e43ba06fed919a7a3b.jpg

Due to the modified position of the central column (futher back) the handbrake needed some adjustment, and since the thread doesn't go all the way up the adjuster for the handbrake I used some spare sockets... seems to work haha [emoji56]

a77ba2aa3e2adf6f4fae22f822a6774b.jpg

Last thing the ride height needs to go a bit lower on the Front.. Sorted will get it MOT'd Monday (My 21st birthday) [emoji50]

b81403911734f529cad6d14ffd2af552.jpg

Oh and I still think there's to much effort going to the back brakes still!!!!!

Even after installing a bias valve and keeping the compensator in situ!

Maybe a better bias valve needed? currently using OBP one...

Fook sake, anyone running just front brakes?! [emoji85] [emoji16]

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
This is not fair.....your car is (will be) back on the road before mine!! Although I have next Friday off to fit the suspension with my brother so it will be ready Saturday (via a week of light driving, aka my brother driving like a mentalist in it, to shake it down before a full wheel alignment the following week)

Good effort :up: Do like the boot pins, may have to look at getting some of them

This is not fair.....your car is (will be) back on the road before mine!! Although I have next Friday off to fit the suspension with my brother so it will be ready Saturday (via a week of light driving, aka my brother driving like a mentalist in it, to shake it down before a full wheel alignment the following week)

Good effort :up: Do like the boot pins, may have to look at getting some of them
Yeah would of been ready a month ago but been waiting for PMS to make up some parts for me which isn't a quick job unfortunately!

Bet your excited too! I got a bit to optimistic especially what's been done so had to tell myself it might not be ready when I think it is...

Yeah god mins needs alignment big time haha, or I've put the upper column on the lower column on wrong...

Clio 172
Oh and I still think there's to much effort going to the back brakes still!!!!!

Even after installing a bias valve and keeping the compensator in situ!

Maybe a better bias valve needed? currently using OBP one...

Fook sake, anyone running just front brakes?! [emoji85] [emoji16]
Please don't say that. Lol