ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo T1R's how many miles do they last?

bmw e92 330d '09
hi everyone im going to be in need for some new tyres at end of this month, im just looking at the option of Toyo TR1's, and im just wondering how many miles i can expect to get out of them??

the tyres i have at the moment are Kuhmo ecsta spt x4 195 / 45 / 16 very good in dry and ok in wet although i never push in the wet because im not a fan of it... they have lasted about 12k and cost me approx £55 each

im looking for something with a good looking tread pattern and is a bit better than the kuhmo's id like to try TR1's but if i pay £260 and they last me 8k im going to be less than impressed. :dapprove:

i know it depends on how you drive and id say im not a mad head who goes full throttle every where and i dnt drive 37mph everywhere either i like a good bit of fun now and again which is why i think the kuhom's have lasted 12k probably could have got 15k if drove more sensibly... but everybody says that...

anybody who has had TR1's on your car how long have they lasted you in miles??

thanks - James

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I did 4k and a 20 min track session on my T1r's on my old car before I sold it, they had about 3-4mm left on the fronts, slightly but not much more on the back.

Cupped 200
few years ago i did about 10k km on them with partly sportly dringin on a 115 hp Primera and they where still fine after that... dont give too much on this they wear like hell talking.

bmw e92 330d '09
few years ago i did about 10k km on them with partly sportly dringin on a 115 hp Primera and they where still fine after that... dont give too much on this they wear like hell talking.

thats about 6200 miles! :eek:

by the looks of these two comments im looking at approx 8k-9k miles.. :boring:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Broken record mode on: get some hankook v12 evo's. Similar money, grippier in all conditions, last longer. Done.

Cupped 200
thats about 6200 miles! :eek:

by the looks of these two comments im looking at approx 8k-9k miles.. :boring:

In germany usual talking was that theyll be gone after those 10k km... so that was plainly wrong... if thats even much less than you uk chaps are excepting... well... ;P

alien green rs133
i borrowed a set of wheels for a week with toyo tr1's on.
they were rubbish compared to the pirrili p zero nero's

food for thought

Christ I must be doin well on mine then. Nearly done 10k miles on them although they are near the end of their life expectancy. Some say I drive like an old man though. Grippy all year round but am now getting a lot of wheelspin due to them being worn. Must change them soon.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The ones on the front of the TVR have done 24k and the ones on the back did 17k.

If you drive like a spoon they won't last long.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I've never understood why people grudge paying for tyre (just the comment about paying £260 for 8k). Come one, try and do 8k on £260 of fuel!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Jamesy04 said:
have you owned TR1's on your car?
Yes fella, 15's. Well, t1r's anyway. ;). It's like most tyres, what works on one car doesn't translate to others.

bmw e92 330d '09
I've never understood why people grudge paying for tyre (just the comment about paying £260 for 8k). Come one, try and do 8k on £260 of fuel!

thats beside the point... i dnt mind paying for tyres mate i just want good ones that are grippy and going to last me a while too... i.e. +12k whilst driving how i would call normally

you get what you pay for with a lot of things including tyres right?

im actually swaying over to Pirelli P Zero Nero for the price of them at my local tyre place and the reviews that i have read judging everything i.e. wear rate, dry grip, wet grip, cost, road noise, comfort etc between toyo,kumho and pirelli. they were that toyo are worse than kumho, kumho are worse than pirelli but thats obv you'd expect that except yes?

but the toyo costs £12 more a tyre than kumho so why the sudden hike in price?? they used to be less than the kumho but theyve racked 'em up because everybody seems to be screaming about them but yet theyre actually worse so i doesnt make any sense...

it all depends what you are wanting form your tyre and how you feel when your driving the car because at the end of the day they're your tyres and it's your car...

CLIO 197
I Have them on the front of mine they look good very aggresive tread pattern ok in dry conditions not so good in wet Minimal road noise had them for about 10k and not really kicked the arse out of them still good to go personally i would go back to the sport contact 3 that the car came with for performance , the TR1,s look better IMO

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Dude, what size are u after? I bought 4 195/50/15 to go on some wheels but the prick let me down. I found another set of wheels but the tires are all good so the toyos are sitting here. Pm me if your interested. Thanks

I've got them on my Clio Cup. IMO - rubbish. Compared to previous Goodyear Eagle F1s, they have worse traction, tramlining and ride comfort, and poor lateral grip in the wet. It washes out into understeer abruptly, especially on greasy roads like we've got at the minute. And don't even think about going anywhere in the snow on them ...

Nissan 350z
Reading this topic makes me wonder what other faults people might have that are contributing to these mixed reviews, poor tracking, wheel balancing or maybe low on tred perhaps?

I've just ordered a set so i will see how things go for myself :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
T1-R's aren't bad in the dry but they're shocking in the wet.
IMO, P Zero Nero's are a far better all-round tyre.
I'm going to try Hankook V12 Evo's next because I've heard Brown Bear and others banging on about them quite a lot. They seem quite cheap, but at the rate I get through tyres I won't have to put up with them for long if they turn out to be s**te.