ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toxic warning light

2002 Clio Dynamic

My clio has started to lose power and seems like its in one constant flat spot,idles at very low revs and seems as thought its about toi stall plus my MPG has started to work its way down! as well as this a warning light has came on,and the handbook says it is a toxic monitor thing!

Anybody know what this controls or what it monitors,so i know whats broken!

K20 EG Hatch

this happened with my 1.2 when the immobiliser was playing up, i kept gettin the immobiliser light on the dash adn the toxic warnin light, when it would have its bad 5mins it would loose all power and impossible to drive at normal speeds. So i took it too renault and they changed the immobiliser loom and reprogrammed the car so they say!

Not a problem since!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Is it a 1.4 16v? then it is probably a problem with one of the pencil ignition coils.

D

Dynamic Devil

I got a 1.6. Same as what JAY172 said, take it to renault and they will replace under warranty

2002 Clio Dynamic

Its a 1.4 16v dont know if they will fix it under warranty as my cars has a fair few mods done to it!!

Had very similar symptoms on my cup. It turned out to be a failed oxy (oxygen?) sensor on/in the exhaust - replaced under warranty.

2002 Clio Dynamic

Booked it in on thurs,so need to sneak out of my work early,then i can see what renault say about it!