ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tow straps yes or no?

Why would you have a tow eye or strap perma-fitted to a road car?

I mean, yes fine, it's a Clio, barely a step up from any given Alfa, but do you really want to advertise that it spends more time under the power of another vehicle?

Mind, while it is on tow you'll get nawty MPGs

Mines only a road car but my tow strap is perma-fitted ;)

though like people have mentioned the reliability is far from good lol

And as mentioned above, if I didn't have mine fitted I would have been stranded when my car broke down sunday :/

Listerine & Poledo
Errrrr? How?
When ol' stripey spat an Aux Belt, AA man had all the stuff to tow me, didnt need a tow eye or loop to be hanging out of the bumper already.

Lame excuse has no grounding

rs 182
That settles it for me, Dont want to look like a t*t, just wasnt sure if i liked them and concensus seems to be no, so ill leave mine without.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Errrrr? How?
When ol' stripey spat an Aux Belt, AA man had all the stuff to tow me, didnt need a tow eye or loop to be hanging out of the bumper already.

Lame excuse is worth it's weight in gold when previous AA man rips your / his tow hook out on a previous attempt, fubar'ing the threads and leaving you unable to screw a normal tow hook / eye / strap in as and when required

:mad:

Perma-fit is now the only for me!

Errrrr? How?

Meh did the job, didn't have to make a call out to anyone, and was a damn-sight faster than AA/RAC etc would have been

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
^FLOL!!

I keep my stainless tow eye in the boot, just in case.

I hate it when people attach them to the front grills. That sure is a really strong fixing..

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
On a road car pointless, I have one fitted to my rally car but I've fitted it in such a way you can hardly see it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362740612.785452.jpg

Clio 172
Because not racecar then. Duh!

Love 'TOW" stickers. Just in case the pit crew can't find it.

TBH if it's buried in gravel sometimes the sticker is all you can see, not all cars have towstraps fitted in the same place and if they can't find it they will attach their straps to any bit of car they can to pull you out which can result in alot more money for damaged items. look at Toast Frenzy at Brands Hatch last yea when they pulled him out and the damage they did.