ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Total Loss / Writeoff - Confused!

Mini JCW
Brokers just take a bit longer but when did the assessor come to look at it or has it been to a garage at all.

Things move a lot quicker where I am mate.

The assessor was round a week ago mate, and the report was sent to my insurance company on monday.

Re: Adrian Flux - I had a non-fault incident several years ago, sideswiped by a HGV whilst stationary at traffic lights which the HGV drove through on red. Fortunately, I was fully comp, so my insurance paid for the repairs. It then took two years (almost to the day) to settle that claim, which meant that I had to renew twice with a 'pending' claim which I could not say was non-fault. I was meant I was an excess out of pocket for two years. I'm only glad I was fully comp, or I'd have been considerably more out of pocket for two years. To be fair to Adrian Flux, most of the delays were down to either the insurers (Royal Sun Alliance IIRC) or the useless solicitors that they appointed, but having taken the premium and given me the number for Royal Sun Alliance, they washed their hands of it. I don't know what percentage of the premium they take, but it strikes me it's pretty easy money...

Re: sending off all the paperwork, it suggests that they're actually going to take service history, length of MOT to run, etc. into account when they value the car. So long as everything is in order, that ought to work in your favour.

Mini JCW
Re: Adrian Flux - I had a non-fault incident several years ago, sideswiped by a HGV whilst stationary at traffic lights which the HGV drove through on red. Fortunately, I was fully comp, so my insurance paid for the repairs. It then took two years (almost to the day) to settle that claim, which meant that I had to renew twice with a 'pending' claim which I could not say was non-fault. I was meant I was an excess out of pocket for two years. I'm only glad I was fully comp, or I'd have been considerably more out of pocket for two years. To be fair to Adrian Flux, most of the delays were down to either the insurers (Royal Sun Alliance IIRC) or the useless solicitors that they appointed, but having taken the premium and given me the number for Royal Sun Alliance, they washed their hands of it. I don't know what percentage of the premium they take, but it strikes me it's pretty easy money...

Re: sending off all the paperwork, it suggests that they're actually going to take service history, length of MOT to run, etc. into account when they value the car. So long as everything is in order, that ought to work in your favour.

Not good dude, glad it all got sorted out for you though.

I contacted Adrian Flux again today, and got the same old manure - 'Your insurers have received all the documents and will be reveiwing the case before making an offer'. So no further forward :(

I haven't once spoken to my insurance company directly, but will again contact flux on friday to keep pressuring them more than anything!

Mini JCW
The third party just contacted me (the farmer who's field i ended up in) saying he had no contact off them.

- Contacted flux, got a ref number and phone number for him, do they contact directly? No

- Asked if there was a direct number I could phone for Equity - No

- Asked if there was a specific claim handler dealing with my claim - No

- Asked if they could give me a rough time scale as to when I would get an offer - No

- Asked if they knew how equity would be contacting me (email / phone / letter) - No

Flux are f**king useless. Just had to pass the details onto the third party myself.

Morons.

Mini JCW
Aye cheers.

I will attempt contact with flux again on friday, if again no progress (which is expected tbh), I will contact that number directly.

Mini JCW
Right then an update!

Having just phoned flux, they told me a cheque for £2650 is on its way to me (£3000 offer minus my £350 excess)

I said i'd obviously be refusing this and they said to cash the cheque as an interim payment and to send in evidence of cars that I feel reflect the true value of mine and if they agree they will send another cheque out for the difference.

Does anyone else agree that £3000 for an 03 plated Cup in very good condition with just 35k on is low?

Is this the kind of evidence to send :

Parkers Valuation
Glasses Valuation
Adverts of similar spec / condition / mileage cars

Anything else?

Help!

Cheers

Anthony

Nissan 350z
^ All depends on the small print mate. Some insurers pay like for like, others go strictly by the guide valuation.

Worth a shot if nothing more to be honest but all i imagine Flux will do is pass the details onto the actual insurer then just sit back and wait.

Mini JCW
Well it should be based on buying an equivelant based spec / model - same for all insurance companies....

Heres the parkers guide valuation :

Original Price£13,000 Franchised Dealer£6,670 Independent Dealer£6,305 Private Good £5,385 Private Poor £3,880 Part Exchange£4,415

and heres the the glasses valuation :

Trade-in - excellent:
£4,500.00

<LI class=important>Trade-in - average:
£4,070.00

<LI class=important>Trade-in - below average:
£3,621.00

<LI class=important>Dealer Retail price
£5,660.00

<LI class=important>Private Sale price:
£4,820.00

So NO WAY am i cashing the cheque!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Taking the Piss Mate... I wouldnt Cash the Cheque as it could be viewed as accepting the offer.

Print off as many adverts as you can find for cars Same age / Spec Etc and fire them straight back.

If I could find a Clean Cup with 35k on for 3k Id have more than one sat on my driveway!

Mini JCW
Taking the Piss Mate... I wouldnt Cash the Cheque as it could be viewed as accepting the offer.

Print off as many adverts as you can find for cars Same age / Spec Etc and fire them straight back.

If I could find a Clean Cup with 35k on for 3k Id have more than one sat on my driveway!

Thats what I thought tbh

I'm hoping for (after excess) towards 4.5k.....

Got any parts for sale mate ;)

Only the splitter that i've yet to remove!

You vulture! .... Did the splitter survive? ;)

See above :)

Ahem... If it's a total loss, then you really shouldn't have a splitter for sale...

I'd ask them to clarify what they mean by "evidence of cars that I feel reflect the true value of mine". They might still be after evidence to value your car - so service history, MOT certificate, etc... Offer them photocopies or email them scanned copies for the purpose of valuation - they don't need the originals for that. Obviously, when you sign the car over to them, you should surrender the originals, butdon't part with them until you have to.

From my previous experience with Adrian Flux, my dealings with them were very brief. Like "here's the insurers phone number, now go and hassle them yourself" kinda brief.

As someone else said - don't cash the cheque as that could be seen as accepting their offer. Again from the incident mentioned above, the claims assessor went and took a look at the car, assessed it, decided it wasn't worth fixing and gave me a call with the offer. It was, frankly, insulting and I obviously turned it down. Get ads from anywhere to support a higher valuation - I went looking for comparable cars (model, age, mileage) on autotrader for example. Having battled the price up, the decision was no longer quite so clear-cut anymore, so the assessor offered me the money or my car back repaired. I took the repaired car. On reflection, if I'd known how quickly the bodywork on that side of the car would deteriorate once the 3 year warranty on the repairs was done, I might have taken the cash...

Mini JCW
Ahem... If it's a total loss, then you really shouldn't have a splitter for sale...

I'd ask them to clarify what they mean by "evidence of cars that I feel reflect the true value of mine". They might still be after evidence to value your car - so service history, MOT certificate, etc... Offer them photocopies or email them scanned copies for the purpose of valuation - they don't need the originals for that. Obviously, when you sign the car over to them, you should surrender the originals, butdon't part with them until you have to.

From my previous experience with Adrian Flux, my dealings with them were very brief. Like "here's the insurers phone number, now go and hassle them yourself" kinda brief.

As someone else said - don't cash the cheque as that could be seen as accepting their offer. Again from the incident mentioned above, the claims assessor went and took a look at the car, assessed it, decided it wasn't worth fixing and gave me a call with the offer. It was, frankly, insulting and I obviously turned it down. Get ads from anywhere to support a higher valuation - I went looking for comparable cars (model, age, mileage) on autotrader for example. Having battled the price up, the decision was no longer quite so clear-cut anymore, so the assessor offered me the money or my car back repaired. I took the repaired car. On reflection, if I'd known how quickly the bodywork on that side of the car would deteriorate once the 3 year warranty on the repairs was done, I might have taken the cash...

What splitter? It was ripped off in the ditch when I crashed and I have been unable to find it.

Regarding the documents - I have already sent off :

V5
MOT
Service History
Purchase Receipt
Insurance certficate

So these have already been taken into consideration prior to valuation.....

At the end of the day my car is worth much more then they offered, as the glasses guide, parkers guide and the actual glasses guide insurance companies use shows (I have insider info luckily).

So no way am I accepting the first, frankly piss poor offer.

A letter with all the relevant evidence of my cars actual value is being constructed :)