ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torsion Bar success!!!

Winston - problem 1 was: used wrong size socket (not big enough) so torsion bar was not pulling out and we couldnt understand why! threaded one bolt so got a bigger socket and she came straight out!

Problem 2 - getting the bars back in!! was getting frustrated but in the end my mate kept knocking it gently while i wiggles the hub up and down a bit till it lined up!!!

final_maxim - hairdryer at full temp made the job really easy!!

cheers matey!

yep, its fitted and the cold air feed is where you had yours! i know there will be powerloss in the summer but i dont care as i love the noise lol!!

well i read about that but it does not seemed to have made any difference, took it down my mates road to test at high and low speeds and corners and no difference that i could notice!!

Quote: Originally posted by Justy on 19 April 2005

well i read about that but it does not seemed to have made any difference, took it down my mates road to test at high and low speeds and corners and no difference that i could notice!!

This is what i thought until last week managed a nearly full 360 in the dry! Ok i was traveling at some (private road obviously) scared the sh*t out of me, been taking it steady until i can get under the car. I know mines braking alot harder on the rear as when ive cleaned it i have pad dust on the rear alloys and ive never had it before...

Good job well done matey, might have to copy the pillars as one of mine is starting to peel anyway

Looks sweet

mine was peeling so i just helped it!! lol!!

took a while to do but was so much easier with a hair dryer!!

Quote: Originally posted by patty on 22 April 2005
^^

wot did u use with the hairdryer to get it off mate? paint scraper?

use a wire brush, thatll shift it