ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mount ?

Clio 182
Hello all, i was just wondering if my top mounts where ment to sit like this as they dont look right at all ? I have 172 cup shocks and apex 30or40mm lowering springs, and the steering gets a little wobbly sometimes

Attachments

• IMG_4705.JPG
    IMG_4705.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4703.JPG
    IMG_4703.JPG
    286 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4701.JPG
    IMG_4701.JPG
    398.7 KB · Views: 82
  Clio 172 Merc ML55
Looks about right from memory, when you say the steering goes wobbly what happens?

Clio 182
The steering wheel goes wobbly but the car stays going straight so its like theres play somewhere if thats makes sence its annoying the hell outta me

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There'll be movement/play either in the steering rack mounts or the inner/outer track rod ends.

Where abouts in Glos are you?

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I don't think they're right, gap looks too big?
Have you just fitted the springs?

Clio 182
The springs where on when i got the car but took everything apart to see if it was together properly as they where sat the same way and didnt look right and all is together right, i think i might just change my springs maybe....

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
The springs where on when i got the car but took everything apart to see if it was together properly as they where sat the same way and didnt look right and all is together right, i think i might just change my springs maybe....
I don't think it'll be the springs though, that would't cause the top of the mounts to sit so high. I reckon something is missing or fitted incorrectly, or even the wrong mounts or dampers?

Clio 182
I was thinking wrong mounts as the kid who had it before me said it would come up as a clio van... shocks are 172 cup