ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top Mount Bushes?

Clio 182, BMW 645
Has anyone ever tried to change the bushes in a standard engine top mount with something from powerflex?

Just wondering if there is a cheaper option to the ktr uprated mount...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Has anyone ever tried to change the bushes in a standard engine top mount with something from powerflex?

Just wondering if there is a cheaper option to the ktr uprated mount...

Either will shake the s**t out of you ! you will want a std one back on after a few days if not sooner :)

Ph1 172
Thanks for your constructive reply ;)

Seems constructive enough to me; The Ktec/similar mounts have been engineered in the correct way and arent a significant sum of money. If you start looking at designing your own, you have to start concerning yourself with correct alignment, correct rubber/material used in the absorbtion.

Clio 182, BMW 645
Either will shake the s**t out of you ! you will want a std one back on after a few days if not sooner :)

That would depend on the density of the bushes and the desired result.

Seems constructive enough to me; The Ktec/similar mounts have been engineered in the correct way and arent a significant sum of money. If you start looking at designing your own, you have to start concerning yourself with correct alignment, correct rubber/material used in the absorbtion.

Alignment is pretty straight forward. Was just interested to see if anyone has tried it. I may only cost £20 for a good application. The ktec ones are £95+.