ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tools needed for the job

Clio 172 Cup
Got some parts to fit up on Tuesday, Powerflex bushes in wish bones/arb/dog bone, Ktec Engine mounts and rear discs and pads.

Normally I would have my lasses car to blast out and pick up any parts I need or forgot while my car is in pieces. Stranded this time.

Just asking for advice on anything I might need bar the normal stuff, WD40, spanners, hammers etc etc.

Best way to get the bushes out of the various parts?

Clio 172 Cup
So I was reading, do you just cut the old bushes out with a blade or is there a more scientiffic way?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Was thinking of getting the bushes done too sometime in mine, is it worth the hassle? lol

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
If your going to do it the right way, use a hydrolic press and push them out with that, if not, find a good fitting socket and use a hammer to get the bushes out ;)

RB 182
A hammer knocks the old bushes out no problem, and a vice presses them in, just make sure they're square. As has already been said, tack weld the outer sleeves to the wishbone also.

Was thinking of getting the bushes done too sometime in mine, is it worth the hassle? lol

It isn't much hassle, but I totally think it's worth it :approve: