ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Took this out today...

Need to replace O/S drive shaft so took it out:

DSCN7925.jpg

Does it matter that there was no roll-pin fitted in the splines on the gearbox side? (see pic below)

You can just about see the roll - pin hole in the splines. Once I had undone everything on the outer end, the thing just slid out of the G/box, that normal?

DSCN7924.jpg

DSCN7926.jpg

Is a new one of these drive shafts easily sourced? I phoned GSF and they didn't have any complete drive shafts that matched up with my chassis no/reg no.

Renault want £157. Links on ebay show as cheap as £22, but it's getting the right one.

Anyone have any links to a new one, that be great please? It's a 2002, 1.2 16V dynamique, ABS model. ABS reluctor ring is 26 teeth with a count of 23 splines on the g/box end and an uncompressed length of 75cm

Thanks, Phil

Ok thanks.

Any idea about the roll - pin, does it need one? Can't see it needing one as there's no hole on the drive shaft splines

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't need one. Only renaults I've seen with roll pins fitted have been from pre 1997

Don't worry about the roll pin, you can stick an 8x1 screw through if it bothers you ;)

Non sport shaft should be cheaper. Try Adam in the traders section.