ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

...TomTom on 3g iPhone ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I've got the iPhone 3g but can't seem to pick up any gps signal on tomtom and co-pilot do I need to buy the tomtom dock??

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Broken iphone? did you turn location services on in settings?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Location services are turned on tom. It seems to pick up where I am but that's it. constantly says poor gps signal! Any other ideas?

I thought you need the dock for constant signal, doesnt work very well with just the phone from the reviews as 3g isnt everywhere

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My co-pilot works fine on its own. Must be a faulty phone.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Give it a min or two to get a decent signal WHILE outside. If that doesn't work get the dock. Could live in a shitty GPS area? (I know it sounds stupid but i do notice my sat Nav signal go from full bars to 3 every now and then)

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Hmmm strange. Ill have to have a propper go outside. Cheers! It's not the fact my phones jailbroken is it??

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
It's probably the fact you were inside, not many devices can pick up a GPS signal indoors.

Cupra
A mate at work used an illegal version on his 3G and he can't get a signal either. You get what you pay for at the end of the day...

330Ci (Fail)Sport
My legit CoPilot works and my Tom Tom works fine on my JB'd 3GS with no cradle. Right now, its picking me up inside, but putting me on a parallel road.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Errrrrm it was downloaded via appolous!! Prob why it's not picking up a signal then!!!

Audi S3 225
I think you need the latest version of tomtom which is 1.2. My 1.1 stopped working yesterday, i downloaded 1.2 and its working fine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.