ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tomtom iphone app

RS200 & PH2 172
Just been looking at alternatives as new toy ain't got built in nav due to renaultsport monitor, has anyone got the tomtom app? If so is it any good?

RS200 & PH2 172
I have an old tom tom but hate it being stuck on windscreen, going to lemans in summer so need something for europe or i'll still be there for the next 24hr race lol

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I got rid of my sat nav and used this app instead. It's a very good app IMO and has never let me down in the 18 months I've been using it.

White 182 Rep
i downloaded waze a couple of weeks ago for free (i think or 69p) its amazing, plays a voice too, at the moment its done nothing wrong

RS6 C7
It's supposed to be very good, It still works out cheaper than buying a decent sat nav, I'm really tempted but i have a tomtom normal sat nav so i don't really need it!

RS200 & PH2 172
I got rid of my sat nav and used this app instead. It's a very good app IMO and has never let me down in the 18 months I've been using it.

Are map updates free? Thought £49.99 was steep for a years subs and an app but not having a dash mounted tomtom saves weight = bigger bhp/ton lol

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yes they are free. The app it's self has never failed on me or lost signal but when I bought it it was £39.99. I use a £1.99 PDA holder off eBay to mount it on my heater grill and I have a cheap in car charger to power it while I use it.

I also find it easier to update than a normal sat nav. This is because I have set up to automatically update it's self on a night.

It's worth buying IMO , both me and my Mrs use it on our iPhones.

320d M Sport
NavFree is superb and free. Had it for ages, always works but make sure you find the address via the GOOGLE SEARCH OPTION don't use it's internal search. Uses your GPS chip so no need to worry about data usage.

Paying £50 on a sat nav app is plain stupidity.

320d M Sport
Oh, and if your phone is connected to your stereo directions will come through your speakers, nice! I've never used my Tom tom since the day I got my iPhone.

Golf GTD Mk7
I've got both tomtom and navi. Navi I've found a bit pants, crap directions etc, but it's free so you can't grumble too much. Tomtom is great, plus it uses no data what so ever, and is hence great for using abroad. I downloaded the us/canada tomtom app for this years trip. Jailbreak ftw ;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I preferred Skobbler to waze and navfree. Ity hasnt let me down yet!!!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Just to add - you can also make and receive calls while the app is running which I find convenient. Through hands free obviously.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
NavFree is brilliant, I've been using it for the past 3 months (gets used 5 days a week with the job) never let me down, can still make and receive calls, can play music whilst still using it. and its free!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I use Sygic - quality stuff for less price than the TomTom app. I've used it on 3 huge trips now (Plymouth to Dundee, Birmingham and K-TEC Racing in Dorset), no problem. Can adjust my music, see cameras, navigate to a photo, and so much more. Plus the maps are in 3D.

Citroen DS3 White
I use co-pilot. Work really well as I have the music playing and it dimms that to do the directions. Also take calls and stuff while nav is on.

New updates yesterday as well so the maps should be spot on.

Megane Diesel / 172
NavFree is brilliant, I've been using it for the past 3 months (gets used 5 days a week with the job) never let me down, can still make and receive calls, can play music whilst still using it. and its free!

^ I agree, great app for free!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I use Tomtom on my iPhone and love it. First bought the Western Europe version 3 years ago and over that time have had many free map and feature updates, cannot complain about value for money.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Used Waze properly today for the first time. I was impressed, it worked very well for a free app.

Killed the battery though, as I was running it without plugging in.