ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Todays lil job!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Decided to remove my bmc cda today, and replaced it with a espace V6 airbox, ITG filter and 105mm cold air feed. Already have my battery relocated to the boot courtesy of mr burp!;) The car was just not liking the bmc compared to my old ph1 setup.

Looks very similar to markcups setup but with a 45 degree elbow. Hope u like.

BEFORE:

DSC00493.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Would personally use a straight piece of silicon hose & sit the air feed off towards the nearside lamp you aint gunna pressurise anything so its best to have the shortest straightest inlet tract you can.

RS RIP
Liking the MarkCup-mod :) nice job

I searched around for this thread ; i saw Mark's thread also, and i'm wondering what needs to be "cut" in order to get the 102mm feed down there ?

Also, after making an opening in the grill at that spot, are'nt you afraid of water/damp reaching the alternator just below ?

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Liking the MarkCup-mod :) nice job

I searched around for this thread ; i saw Mark's thread also, and i'm wondering what needs to be "cut" in order to get the 102mm feed down there ?

Also, after making an opening in the grill at that spot, are'nt you afraid of water/damp reaching the alternator just below ?

All you need to do is remove the front grill if you can. The plastic panel behind it will unclip. You only need to remove some of the right hand side of this panel to place the caf. As you've only cut this part you still have the protection for the aternator.

To run the caf down to the grill you need to remove the fuel guard rail. The cold air feed once placed seems to fit snugly between the grill and the fuel rail. Had no problems so far!;)

IMG_0127.jpg

Hope this helps.

RS RIP
^^ thanks Quade :)
I have had a look at last daylight today, i could see /feel the panel can come loose (do'nt have to remove complete front grill i think..). Now to see how to remove the fuel rail guard ..

I already had the V6 box, only it was sucking air with a very short caf from behind the headlight and i think it could do better by directing the air straight in there .

Will try tommorow :approve:

RS RIP
Update ! I copied your mod, it's done :)

Only down thing was that i broke off that little panel , impatient because i could'nt remove the grill :mad:

How the hell do you remove the grill !? Is the grill only the left black piece (vent holes , what's in your picture above) or are we talking about a whole upper-bumperpiece ?

I will have to undo the grill so i can tidy-up the little panel i've broken off..:eek: Also the auxbelt will get wet.. not a good thing.

Going to the scrappies to find me a new one

Help ?;)

RS RIP
Temporarily fixed the panel so all is dry + well

Here the result ! Thanks for the advice/help :approve:

17032009.jpg

17032009001.jpg

RS RIP
just had a test-run ; this is really the best setup for soooo little money ! I doubt a Maxogen will do better actually. :eek: (maybe with the same caf setup)

Before, when having the Caf inside the bay pointed towards below/headlight, it was good enough, but noticed flat spots sometimes.

Now when just driving through the Dutch tulipfield countryroads i could really notice the difference ; flat spots are history, pics up all along the revs. Also when standing still for a while at traffic light , the cold air taken from front is really noticably better !

This mod is a great one and i'm stoked because of the 10 pounds it cost for the filterhousing and another 10 for the 102mm caf ! 20 pounds and a copied great idea from you guys :D:D:D Ghetto mod, nice performance...

I'll be at Fastchip soon to see if this has got the Cup some more HP, maybe tweak the map a little because of the new 70mm elbo and caf-setup

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
what has been removed from in front of the engine... ? to allow you to feed the pipe along? big silver coloured block of metal...

what is it for too?

RS RIP
it's a safe-guard for the fuel line going across in that place. Notice the black pice of piping ? That's the fuel line. The big metal block removed is there to ensure that when in a crash , you do'nt burn /explode to death when this line is severed/busted.

makes the mod sound a bit nutty does'nt it