ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Your engine........
391378_510532472333912_2141387100_n.jpg

Hope those are empty boxes and engine is ready!!

Did they take much of the flywheel in the end?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
not much, mostly balancing drillings as it was a fair bit out, and a skim of the friction face as it was covered in hot spots and low patches
Block is honed,chemical cleaned, and I attacked it with a wire brush on a drill then some black paint last night

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit strange not having had the Cup around for a bit, found time to catch up on a few things.....

Poached this pic from Rhys Beal's project thread - the Cup arriving for it's new loom as Rhys Beals one is finished.

null_zps1e3afdf3.jpg

31 days until the next planned race at Brands, with hopefully a days shakedown at some point before then.

clio cup
Ok, Who's is the E39 Touring Sport?
Good to see some progress Pete, I think you will be back out there even before I get to start.

Ok, Who's is the E39 Touring Sport?
Good to see some progress Pete, I think you will be back out there even before I get to start.

Ohh, thought you were just waiting on your diff...just read your project thread.

Good news Pete

Getting there - haven't asked Dan yet but, seeing if it'll all be ready for a test day on the 15th June (going to be a tight squeeze if not).........................

:D winning smile Dan.

I've got £'sss ready.

The modular system is good Pete :) Look forward to seeing it finished!

More goodies, cant wait to see it finished.

Cheers! Both the engine and loom coming on - tentatively hoping it'll all be complete by\for last week in June, I'll get it down to Brands for a test day on Friday 28th June and then stay over for the French Trophy race there the next day on Sat 29th June.

Forever hopefull, another winning smile Dan\Moo.......:D

look forward to seeing the figures of this Pete as it's a epic spec tbh, think it's going to be tight very tight for time

look forward to seeing the figures of this Pete as it's a epic spec tbh, think it's going to be tight very tight for time

Hoping it'll all come together in time, I can at least pick up on the way down to Brands on the morning of the 28th June as need only do the PM test day if needs be.

​Off to see Moo on Sunday for a chat etc so will have a better idea of where it's all at.

Could be off on a Palmer race day at Bedford in a week care of a Nettapp supplier at work. Just checked out what it involves on the JP Bedford web site seems a good day out.
Knowing these supplier offers it may not come off. Seen all the cars in the hanger when unloading the cup for track days, here's hoping anyway.

Went to see how the loom's getting on at the weekend, down at Beaniesport, very impressed with the workmanship and attention to detail. Hopefully should all be finished by this coming Sat and Sun and back to Dan's (519's) by the 16th 17th June for the engine to go in....may make Brands after all?!

Didn't take any pics but have got this from their FB page...

switchpanel_zps9a228505.jpg

Beaniesport on FB

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Could be off on a Palmer race day at Bedford in a week care of a Nettapp supplier at work. Just checked out what it involves on the JP Bedford web site seems a good day out.
Knowing these supplier offers it may not come off. Seen all the cars in the hanger when unloading the cup for track days, here's hoping anyway.

Awesome stuff, I know a few people who have done that day and all have said its amazing!

Scarlett, age 5, this week passed her kick boxing Orange belt grading exam as well as mastering tying her own laces,
thus making bunny ears with double bunny ears for extra security - got to make learning fun!

Big smiles all round!

ScarlettKickboxingorangebelt_zpse02eccf1.jpg

Clio 172
Congratulations to the nipper on getting her belt. I'd like to get back into kick boxing but don't seem to have time and all the classes round my way start at silly time s when I am still at work or coming home.

great pair of guys and the beanHQ, and there workmanship is crazy.
​looks like its coming together

Their attention to detail is amazing. Can't wait to see the final result.

Oooo very snazzy Pete, looks good.

Cheers - I'm especially liking my bespoke headlight flash button.

Awesome stuff, I know a few people who have done that day and all have said its amazing!

Due to only 3 people showing an interest my boss has decided to can the whole day - like I said to him, different if it was another offer of a directors box at a big match (we get offered loads of these at work) where I don't go as not interested in the slightest but practically the rest of the team goes. Bit of a shame really.

Congratulations to the nipper on getting her belt. I'd like to get back into kick boxing but don't seem to have time and all the classes round my way start at silly time s when I am still at work or coming home.

Cheers, they all go to BCKA on a Sunday eve, so quite handy. Sam's a Purple belt, Harry's Green belt and Scarlett's Orange. I don't go as like the peace and quiet for 2 1\2 hours on a Sunday eve!

Last edited:
  Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Hi there, sorry for the lack of correspondence about the loom, but I've been working everyday till late into the night to get this done, so haven't had time to get to the laptop to update. But after a day down the workshop today I decided it was a good time to post an update on your thread.

The main things on this loom build to achieve was to remove the UCH completely, incorperate all the functions of the car into one place so there are no standalone looms, relays or fuses for systems like power steering, battery kill etc and ease of maintainence, so the loom must disconnect easily from every component.

The fuse and relay box is complete which completely removes the UCH along with all the original fuseboxes

null_zps9bf8dcc3.jpg

The plug connection on the back of the switch panel so its easily removable, also a decent immobilizer if removed. We were weighing up a serial port style connector, but after some concerns about amp draw capability of the connector decided to go for this

null_zps78587766.jpg

The plug connection on the dash loom (the loom isn't finished yet still needs final finishing and taping but you get the idea)

null_zps0f088d30.jpg

The dials have been wired into one plug, once again for ease of removal

null_zps3a427827.jpg

null_zpsb0a1f322.jpg

Plug connection for spiral contact to run headlight flash on horn button

null_zpse2e1f75c.jpg

The battery kill relay has been incorperated into the loom

null_zps4e9fdad8.jpg

The power steering has been wired up into the loom and easily disconnected (the box will be mounted properly soon)
(
null_zpsc769702f.jpg

The washer pump has been wired up so its not reversable anymore as we only have front washers, note the black wire for an earth, also battery kill switch buttons now incorerated into loom

null_zps4cba9169.jpg

Inner wing wiring with fuseboxes removed

null_zpsf9017d77.jpg

The current interior view

null_zps2a3934c0.jpg

Earths all together and easily accessable

null_zps8a10b171.jpg

Some videos of the car functioning, very very very happy moopig

From inside

th_09085674-9FD1-4DEB-BBE6-7B5FD608668E-18935-000010053EB47422_zps02873e33.jpg

From outside

th_9D1FD476-7D6B-4700-8466-94C50B1173AE-18935-0000100533BA44F1_zps0d4ddbc2.jpg

Dials (engine isn't fitted so only a couple work)

th_8B6D9D61-8646-437B-9985-7A4936977867-18935-000010056F03A05B_zps1e6ca188.jpg

How we left the workshop today

null_zps003d98b7.jpg

update looks good, though a few of pics arent working :(

Pics should take you to Photobucket

[video]http://s2.photobucket.com/user/moo0484/media/toast loom/09085674-9FD1-4DEB-BBE6-7B5FD608668E-18935-000010053EB47422_zps02873e33.mp4.html[/video]

[video]http://s2.photobucket.com/user/moo0484/media/toast loom/9D1FD476-7D6B-4700-8466-94C50B1173AE-18935-0000100533BA44F1_zps0d4ddbc2.mp4.html[/video]

[video]http://s2.photobucket.com/user/moo0484/media/toast loom/8B6D9D61-8646-437B-9985-7A4936977867-18935-000010056F03A05B_zps1e6ca188.mp4.html[/video]