ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

I would like to get some tuition for sure. I feel I hold the car back now more than the other way round. I got fed uptrying to learn to heel/toe as I end up going so slow I may as well not be on track.

You're probably beating your self up for no good reason, I would say unless you need to heel and toe you don't need to in these cars. I've not had too until now, trailing brakes and shifting down is practically impossible - Going to be sorting the pedals out this week\weekend.

Brake at K.

I do - just that the message from brain to feet take a sec and the laws of motion means another 5 mtr's covered. Saying that, O felt good for me.

Good stuff the old data logging aint it, iv spent hours analysing my RaceLogic stuff too. also does the side by side comparisons.

Sounds like you had good fun

Fun it was, for once!

...also...SLR/LMG, giving away your age there Pete ;)

The best bit of range work I did was when stationed in NI, 1991. GPMG out of the door of a Wessex helicopter on to a beach range (in NI). Got a good feel for walking rounds on to a target from such an elevated postion.

Tony will be along with his .303 soon enough!

Wasn't going to mention the Lee, but since you have...was a crack shot with one of these too!

Cool - I love data / graphs and stuff like that. I applied to go and work for the Honda F1 team a few years back and got invited to attend interview. And then they announced they were leaving F1 and it never went anywhere... LOL! Interesting stuff, cheers :)

Tools not used as much as they should be as even at our level, TD's included shows a lot more than the camera alone.

Excellent. Wish I went go Karting when i was a kid

They're next out 30th August - I didn't do it when at home either, parents weren't into Motorsports or sports come to that - just suffer with lack of time trying to fit everything in now.

Typical women.

Anything you want to get off your chest?

No, just that they all say they can do it better on their own.

Lol, I know what you mean, it took the side by side video and the lap graphs copied above before Sam finally got it.... drove me nuts before lunch on the Rock day. Just wouldn't use all the track or brake/accelerate consistently. I'll not be posting the am video's...we're mic'd up to the go pro.

Lucky Pete!!! Really glad you could make it mate

Cheers, can't wait Sonny. Hopefully I won't do this this time....

ScreenHunter_03Nov031838_zps9a1b2705.jpg

Can you work out where it is?

watch from 4mins 30secs

[video=youtube_share;AK-tdscP-xk]http://youtu.be/AK-tdscP-xk[/video]

Q'd first in the TinTop class behind a load of single seats and had no one in front to slow me down....not normally in front..lol.

Fitted my new heel and toe accelerator pedal face plate at the weekend (thanks @NorthloopCup ). All was going well, got the accelerator pedal to the same height of the well depressed brake pedal, all good, started the car and found the pedal at the same height as the accelerator pedal - I is frustrated? Brake pedal moving normal on a engine start? I'll look at again this coming weekend and adjust all once more.

WP_20140719_10_49_50_Pro_zps9917d3b1.jpg

Silverstone tickets etc arrived today, I'll be coming on my own as due to the 6pm finish & 6:45pm getaway and then not getting back to ours until 9pm, Sam felt that she better stay home and sort out H & S, get the final stuff ready for our holiday and do her hair. The original 4:30pm ish last race was just do able for both of us to come.

Got to be up at 3am to drive to LHR on the Sunday. Not sad at this point one bit!

Took today off so I could finish the Cup\everything off before the next two weeks....and have spent the morning picking up a bike from Tesco's (for Harry, birthday soon) and getting home unpacking etc and realising it's the same size as the one it's replacing -big Doh! My fault as ordered the wrong size.

Last minute map update (taken ages as had to re learn how to get it on the SD card as the internal memory is to small) on the Garmin sat nav as the Nokia Here drive app isn't the best.

grass to cut - hay to put out, horses to move, instructions to write for parents, Cup out of the barn, pack the race stuff in car, fuel in jerry cans, pack for holiday - (5 min job -4 pair shorts,7 t shirts, hat, deck shoes.. done)

Still not decided on the route to sort off follow - mileage or stops (is a holiday after all...though I am the skipper)

Yacht is based in Vlikho; and the wind is predominantly from the NW

ScreenHunter_05Aug081126_zps1ec6f2d1.jpg

ScreenHunter_06Aug081126_zps897ad46b.jpg

ScreenHunter_07Aug081126_zps3e305f84.jpg

Rain, being raining here for over 4 -5 hours now and its woken me up its that torrential. Ex hurricane Berth...nice. Think it might be a wet race later today - Hmmm..might have to take the R1R's and rims and get them put on when I get to Silverstone.

Yacht handed back, now in bar waiting for the coach to the airport...sad. Already booked for next year!

Watched sonny172cup race video, great race for the duration it must be said. Pity I missed a gear in to Maggots after passing the last of the 4 cars ( I actually didn't but wasn't sure so didn't let the clutch out) and had a spin at Brooklands. Good race nevertheless.

Bit smoky on the overrun, I and others noticed and it used over a litre of oil in each race - so something isn't right.

Pete if you watch my video of race 1 you got ahead of me at about the 6 min mark and stayed ahead until about the 9 min mark.

I can't say I noticed a lot of smoke and the engine certainly didn't seem to be lacking power as you were to be pulling away slightly on the straights.

1ltr of oil per race is not good though. If it's doing it on overrun it's probably top end related.

Yacht handed back, now in bar waiting for the coach to the airport...sad. Already booked for next year!

Watched @sonny172cup race video, great race for the duration it must be said. Pity I missed a gear in to Maggots after passing the last of the 4 cars ( I actually didn't but wasn't sure so didn't let the clutch out) and had a spin at Brooklands. Good race nevertheless.

Bit smoky on the overrun, I and others noticed and it used over a litre of oil in each race - so something isn't right.

Still think the combined race was the best, so much more going on.

Once and if you get your Clio back from Dan, you'd think otherwise...

Glad you and the family had a good holiday Pete :)

1 litre per 15mins? Jesus :( Sorry to see that mate

Good holiday Pete.

1ltr of oil!! Hmmm that does not sound good, hopefully its just a leak somewhere and not something internal.....

Hope you enjoyed the holibobs Pete. 1ltr of oil :( Nay good.

Great holiday couple pics soon, just doing the overlays of the race vids.

Hunted around for the amount of oil from the min mark to max mark on the 172 dipstick as this is what it used each race, 750ml to 1ltr is the figures on CS.

Got to be honest I'm about to ask Dan to buy his engine back as really have had enough now.

Hunted around for the amount of oil from the min mark to max mark on the 172 dipstick as this is what it used each race, 750ml to 1ltr is the figures on CS.

Got to be honest I'm about to ask Dan to buy his engine back as really have had enough now.

That doesn't sound good :(

Can you confirm, are you saying that the difference between the minimum and maximum level on the dipstick is only 750ml - 1ltr? I thought it would be more than that for some reason.

And your car uses this much each 15 minute session!! Assuming you've checked for leaks etc?

Did Dan sell you that engine then? :(

What aggro man.

Silverstone 09-08-2014

Here's my take on the Silverstone race 1 - in 1080p if you wish.

First race of the day and it's worth watching for the whole race as lots going on from the start.

Started 7th and finished 9th. A very good race from the off, a bit cautious on the start into Copse (as had a big off on the start back in Nov 2013, bit too hot and came off at Copse missing all behind thank fully) as on new untested Dunlops and new untested EBC Blue stuff (both never used before). A mistake at 9min 20sec, thought I'd missed a gear, hadn't but too late...and trying too hard at 14min 30sec took me from 6th back down to 9th. For some reason the GPS data logger decided not to work until lap 3 or thereabouts - weird. Worked fine in Q session and Race 2.

An absolutely epic race - best one ever for me!

9th overall and 4th in class.

[video=youtube_share;rnRPXqj7qrQ]http://youtu.be/rnRPXqj7qrQ[/video]

Not good Pete, We had similar couple years ago. I wish I had done a compression test as we ended up throwing a rod !!

Yes, I'm now wondering what to do for the best.

That doesn't sound good :(

Can you confirm, are you saying that the difference between the minimum and maximum level on the dipstick is only 750ml - 1ltr? I thought it would be more than that for some reason.

And your car uses this much each 15 minute session!! Assuming you've checked for leaks etc?

Did Dan sell you that engine then? :(

What aggro man.

No oil leaks anywhere from anything - it's around 750 -1ltr yes.

Dan built the engine - it's all in the thread from mid July 2012 onwards..

I've been very patient and understanding until this new problem

Nothing but aggro.

Knows it.

Hmm this all doesn't sound very good at all.

Standard engines FTW!

I wouldn't say that, had no component failures just build related stuff

I've got a few race engines from that series coming in soon ;)

What's your number?

Double :( and I'll raise you a :banghead:

Shame about that spin near the end. Car seems to have decent pull in 3rd? gear out the corners compared to the surrounding cars.

Martin, I'd like to take some credit in being 80% better positioned on track, to make better use of the available power and traction in the into - mid and exits on most corners than the cars in front defending, some erratically at times too.