ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To those of you who have taken the 'Clio' badge off...

...a quick question; the two little holes that it leaves - are they just holes in the boot or do they stick out a little bit?

Alright cheers. It's jus that mine pretty much snapped, so bits are still in there. I'll have to get some pliers on the b******s tomorrow!

the plug in parts are design not to come back out tbh , its case of pushing them in and catching them from the inside , panel off job . if you put a new badge on you'll see what i mean .....

Ah I get you. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so lazy and left the panel on and trying to remove it from the outside!

I have a slightly different question on this topic, hope you dont mind me asking here instead of starting a new thread :)

Im planning to take the badges of for respraying, whats the best way to put them back on? ie some are glued on, so how do you reglue them?
And does the clio badge clip back in?

clio badge would clip back in , but i would recommend glue too , iirc they've got a black stick pad type adhesive on them

I only asked because on the 'renault' and 'sport' badges, I will have to completely sand them down, so I will have to remove the sticky pad/glue or whatever it uses. So I didnt know what the best way to glue them back on was :)

Maybe give them a light sand so the primer keys with the metal. You can buy little sticky pads from places like Halfrauds, they are similar to what are on the badges as standard so you could just replace those.

The front diamond just pulls off. Rear isn't so simple...

I'd recommend taking off the panel inside the boot (just 1 screw than pull hard) and push the Clio badge out from the inside if possible!

Kind of like that yeah. I've never personally used any so I'm not sure if that's the right type or whatever, but that's what I mean! I'm sure that one in the link would work. :)

Clio MK3 Work in progress
Be Cheaper and easier to get new badges wouldnt it. That way you can spray em, and then stick em straight on without any hastle of using glue, triming pads ect.