ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To quickly test a heater matrix

2005 Impreza WRX STI
I looked in engine bay and theres two pipes through bulkhead. One is from engine(presumably goes to matrix?) and one goes to expansion tank. The one form engine to matrix is hot and the return to tank is cold. Does this mean matrix is fooked? or is there some sort of valve what can go wrong? I have tried bleeding it from the pipe to tank and theres water there but cold? Happy christmas anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Caddy Maxi
its blocked mate yes. try taking off the pipes and the one which gets hot (obviously when it goes cold) put the hosepipe into it and blast throught and it may unblock it. you will see if it does anyway if lumps of crap come out onto the floor :)

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Are there no thermost valves on these? Had same problem on my mk2 golf and replaced the valves with copper pipe :) worked a treat!

Also if your working on this your can add a 2 x T piece in and have a small tube wraping around the screen wash bottle to quickly defrost it in harsh weather!