ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To clear up....De-badging

I have searched threads on this but not found the exact answer i'm looking for, first of all on the new clio 2005+ when de-badging will it leave any holes? and also I Heard that badges on clio's are set into the boot so if you de-badge you will still effectively have the outline of the removed badge, is this true or on the previous model clio? at this point only looking to lose the renault sign and then maybe at a later date the clio lettering.

While i'm posting the best way to do it kettle and credit card?

Thanks

Clio 200/Clio 182
The best way to debadge is Hair Dryer, and a thin peice of plastic, ideally one that you don't mind being snapped. Best thing to do, is go down to your local supermarket and pick up a handful of mobile phone top up cards. As whatever you use is likely to be damaged/snapped.

After debadging, use a Tar and Glue remover over the surface, then machine/hand polish using a light cut polish, this should eliminate any outline marks, and match the colour up.

:)

Clio 182.
The best way to debadge is Hair Dryer, and a thin peice of plastic, ideally one that you don't mind being snapped. Best thing to do, is go down to your local supermarket and pick up a handful of mobile phone top up cards. As whatever you use is likely to be damaged/snapped.

After debadging, use a Tar and Glue remover over the surface, then machine/hand polish using a light cut polish, this should eliminate any outline marks, and match the colour up.

:)

I used hot water and dental floss to cut through the sticky crap when i debadged my focus. Clean and soft, so no chance of scratching the paint.

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
no holes left!
S8000868.jpg

106 GTi
Hairdryer and some cotton to get behind the badge, much safer then trying to pry it off with anything else - tar and adhesive remover on the left overs, polish and wax.

Clio 197
I would leave the badges tbh because next time you maybe want to put the badges back on & it won't be easy put the clio line up!

Last edited:
Hairdryer and some cotton to get behind the badge, much safer then trying to pry it off with anything else - tar and adhesive remover on the left overs, polish and wax.
Dental floss works a treat too (seriously)

Thanks to all who replied, susanamck that looks exactly like the back end of my car even down to the colour!!! so that gave me a great idea of what it will be like so thanks for that.

gonna do it tomorrow so will let you know how i get on!

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
it looks class all clear, alougth my badges are now black, ill try and get some up when/once ave cleaned him lol, good luck to moro

and here are the other pics, before i blacked the badges out
S8000870.jpg

S8000869.jpg

S8000867.jpg

S8000866.jpg

next on my list, lowerin!! and the 197 front splitter, nope no kit on it, i like the sides and bk the way they are just fancy the splitter to add some black bk to the front.

smart motor mate, really like the colour code how much it cost if you don't mind me askin, I would only really wanna do the black bumpstrips tho

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
i got the car to come with the spoiler so it was already done, but to get a dent in the drivers door removed, a key scrap taken out and the rest colour coded was £250. Got a steal tho because the car was kinda dirty when they quoted me and never noticed the paint was pearled haha so the paint alone cost that, obviously it was mates rates tho but i havent seen a better job yet.
Was done my truck tec in carluke, glasgow they are the guys that do the pictures on the trucks of mostly naked ladies so this was a easy job for them, or so i was told lol. i love the finish and look, and like i say apart from maybe some engine tweeks the only thing i want to do is lower it about 40 all round and the front splitter added.