ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titan sintofluid

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

I have Fuchs Titan sintofluid in my 182. I used this oil in a BMW I had a few years ago and I immediately noticed it made the gear change equivalent to changing gear in a dumper, especially when cold.

I’m noticing the same in the Clio, the gear change is nowhere near as slick as my mk2 1.2 clio daily.

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers,
Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's an API GL-5 spec oil, i'd recommend changing to a GL4 as that's what Renault suggest for these boxes.

I use Red Line MTL, granted it's not cheap though.

I’ve also ran sintofluid in my 320d, never in a Clio though. In the end based off the recommendation of Opie Oils I did a Trans/ATF mix and that sorted the change right out. Slicker than snot on a door [emoji1303]

406 V6, Race Buggy
Sintofluid is known to have some issues with synchros - it damaged a lot of RX8 boxes when they used them there too. Even worse, if you switch to a new oil it'll take a while before the new oil cleans the remanents off the syncros.

Total BV / Gear 8 is good for recaltricent french boxes, or Syntrans B if you're feeling flush and don't mind running thinner.

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
Sintofluid is known to have some issues with synchros - it damaged a lot of RX8 boxes when they used them there too. Even worse, if you switch to a new oil it'll take a while before the new oil cleans the remanents off the syncros.

Total BV / Gear 8 is good for recaltricent french boxes, or Syntrans B if you're feeling flush and don't mind running thinner.

I can certainly see how this is the case. It really is not a good oil. Not sure why I expected a different outcome to the BMW. Other than bmw manuals are not a nice box to start with.

I’m running cheap comma mineral 75w90 in my 1.2 and it’s very slick.

I might go for the ELF stuff from my local dealers or the comma 75w80 stuff and change it again soon to try and get the sintofluid rinsed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk