ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tip for weight saving material

Inferno 182
I thought some of you may be interested in some material that I have used on another car for making up interior panels.
It is a flat material, good for creating a false floor or one dimensional door cards. Much much lighter than MDF but still rigid.
It is corrugated plastic, often goes under the name of Correx. You can get it in larger B&Q's, and plastic shops. Available from 2mm and up. 4mm is the minimum width for any kind of rigidity and would be good for door cards. I will probably use 5mm for making a false floor.
Very light and cheap, easily cut and can be trimmed in fabric with glue or whatever.

Inferno 182
Isit not called cordex? We use it at work to cover floors we don't want marked during construction etc.
Umm, not that I know of but that may be another trade name for it. Do a Google image search for Correx and you will see the stuff.

Clio 172 Cup
We used to use it, supplier called it Correx to me.

It marks really easy to as door cards. Easy stuff to work with tho.

Clio 182
I might give this a try making a false floor for my rear... Thanks for the heads up.

Whats its like cost wise? Say 1m sq?

Inferno 182
You can get the 5mm stuff from B&q for less than a tenner for what is about a 1sqm sheet
Plastics shop near me is even cheaper