ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tints?

RIP MK2 PH1/1.4 16v Polo
i had a quote of £110, for the rear window and both sides, price depends who you get them done by

BG 182 FF
only very light ones however I couldn't justify spending money on something like tints imo.

Renault Clio
I had medium tints on the 3 back windows about a month ago. I paid £100. If I could turn back time I would. More so because I'd like the £100 back, but also because I could have spent it on something that would have made a bigger difference to the car.

Up to you ;) Don't expect people on here to tell you how great they look though!

Black Gold Trophy
they don't look bad, but I just think there's so many other things I woould spend the money on first.

Clio 1.2 16v
i got mine done, but they look alright on a black car, not a fan on lighter cars..

if you like them.. get them done its yours car, so other peoples opinions are unseless.. make your car yours!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
It's hardly worth it TBH.

The glass on the front is already tinted (or doesn't let through 100% of natural light) before the tint is applied, and as you're only allowed a 25% tint (75% natural light into the car iirc), it's just not worth it.

You can tint the the rears 100%, but it looks completely sh1t IMO.

I quite like tints, but when they are legal they look pretty sh1t and are pointless, and if you have them illegal you risk getting pulled and/or getting points and having to remove them at the road side.

BMW M135I
depends on other things aswell. if youre planning or have a sound system in the boot, could help from a theft point of view

BMW M135I
Parcel shelves ftw tbqfh ;)

ye but you know what thieves are like these days, owt for nowt, and plus if they see 6x9's on parcel shelf they think headunit, and amplifiers etc.

when i said for security, my parcel shelf is custom built so can see into boot slightly so thats why i recommended it

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
depends on other things aswell. if youre planning or have a sound system in the boot, could help from a theft point of view

ye but you know what thieves are like these days, owt for nowt, and plus if they see 6x9's on parcel shelf they think headunit, and amplifiers etc.

when i said for security, my parcel shelf is custom built so can see into boot slightly so thats why i recommended it

If a thief see's a slightly modded car with limo black tints, then surely it's worth a go, as you say, owt for nowt.

Any car is a target for thieves, tints will do absolutely nothing to deter them, if anything will probably encourage them.

Aye mate, was just kidding ;) had a load of stuff nicked from my car recently! HU, sub, window smashed etc.... cnuts!

DCi 100
Light tints like said look good, but even then only on black/silver cars. Don't think it goes with LY/RB/Monaco/Flame etc at all.

BMW M135I
Light tints like said look good, but even then only on black/silver cars. Don't think it goes with LY/RB/Monaco/Flame etc at all.

there was a liquid yellow megane in one of the performance mags and that had silver to black tints i think and looked rather decent tbh, could have just complemented other things he had done though

Aye mate, was just kidding ;) had a load of stuff nicked from my car recently! HU, sub, window smashed etc.... cnuts!

yeah, mine was done over a year back, they searched boot but luckily id only had headunit in and no subs at the time (they still nicked a rac air pressure thing) but thats why my current build is a tight fit and only a cartain way to get it out