ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Machine Back Up Very Slow

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Got an external 500GB hard drive that is USB 3 (obviously my MacBook is only USB 2) in the post today and as soon as I got home I tried to back up my MacBook Pro with it. Now it has been backing up for about 3 hours now and has only done 3.24GB of 224GB. And has an estimated finish of 3 days time. Now this seems very very slow. Any ideas on what it could be? I dropped a movie file onto the hard drive to see the transfer speed and it was very quick, so I'm a little confused to why it is so slow at backing up?

2011 MacBook Pro running 10.8.3 and the hard drive is a clickfree 500GB C2 (I don't want to use the 'automatic backup' software on the HDD) http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/14348...48366&ef_id=UUeY2gAABN4xoaD0:20130318224442:s

(And don't worry I only paid £35 for it too)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
The first back up will take ages but then the subsequent "part" back ups will be fairly quick.